Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Recommendations for a Backup Camera???

Old 11-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
bajaracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Charly
bajaracer's Tacoma Gallery
Recommendations for a Backup Camera???

I recently purchased an aftermarket head unit (Pioneer AVH-P14000) from another member here (SoCalTacoma) with the back up camera feature. Ive searched the forum and can't seem to find anyone that has an after market camera on an aftermarket head unit. Id really like to use this feature being that I have 3% tint and can't see crap at night. Also I've searched Amazon and found numerous types of cameras but would prefer a recommendation from another member. If you can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
tractng is on a distinguished road
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaracer View Post
I recently purchased an aftermarket head unit (Pioneer AVH-P14000) from another member here (SoCalTacoma) with the back up camera feature. Ive searched the forum and can't seem to find anyone that has an after market camera on an aftermarket head unit. Id really like to use this feature being that I have 3% tint and can't see crap at night. Also I've searched Amazon and found numerous types of cameras but would prefer a recommendation from another member. If you can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

In the same boat. Just purchased an Avic 940BT today.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
bajaracer is on a distinguished road
Name: Charly
bajaracer's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
FireMedicScott is on a distinguished road
FireMedicScott's Tacoma Gallery
No one has any suggestions on this yet?? I am in the same boat! Help!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
i would go with the pioneer nd-bc5 or the newest one the nd-bc6.. i have tried many other cameras at the shop i am at and nothing last as long or has the same great quality as the pioneer cameras! they might be a couple $$ more but over all its worth it! most other cheaper cameras either get moisture in them or just stop all together from what i have experienced...good luck