Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Dash Cam

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #21
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeyelluh View Post
Looks good to me. Let us know how you like it.
Arrived yesterday. For the money it seems solid. Lacks a lot of features that the more expensive ones do, but for the price I wasn't expecting it to have some of the other stuff. The mount seem sturdy, although I don't like how low it places it, although this is personal preference and not a flaw, I'd imagine all of these are similar, I just don't like actually seeing the thing.

I didn't have anything at the moment to try and rig up someting different, so I just took some double sided 3m emblem tape and attached it to my rear view mirror raising mount. Surprising it seems to be holding well it keeps it out of sight to me behind the mirror. Naturally when it hit bumps it will shake some but it's not a big deal to me.

As far as video, seems to be pretty good for the price. A lot of these claim 1080p HD and I wasn't expecting to actually be that good, nor is it. But it's good enough for what you need it to be. Main thing I don't like about this particular one is the lack of settings for loop recording. It only gives you the option for 1 or 3 minute videos. I would like the option to do longer clips of 10 or 15 minutes. My main issue with it seems that for some reason, it's not actually recording everything. There are large gaps where it just stops recording. Today I went out to pick up lunch. It started recording but stopped after a couple minutes and then there was no recording til I started the truck up again on my return trip. I'll have to play with the settings I'm hoping it's just a settings issue or something. I have yet to actually have it record a full round trip. I have a 32gb micro SD card in it, I know it's not getting filled up. I'll try to get up a video sample here shortly.

If I decide I like having a camera in here, I think I'll end up upgrading to something better if I can't get the issues straightened out with this.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #22
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's a short video clip. As you can see a couple time the video goes nuts. Seems to do this at least once every clip. Need to play with it some more, but right now I can't say I'd really recommend this.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #23
Lpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLpheat22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
Lpheat22's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of good options in here thanks fellas
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #24
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Here's a short video clip. As you can see a couple time the video goes nuts. Seems to do this at least once every clip. Need to play with it some more, but right now I can't say I'd really recommend this.

This is great thanks for posting.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #25
iz in ur accountz payin ur billz
Beeyelluh is on a distinguished road

Name: Keith
Beeyelluh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Ouch... looks like an exchange may be in order... or just a refund.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #26
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Here's another sample leaving work today. Timestamp is ahead an hour. I could live with the occasional jumpy video if the thing would actually keep recording. Now matter what I've tried so far, it won't just continually record. It will stop after a minute or 2 and only sporadically start recording another clip. My drive home is about 10 minutes and this minute or so clip is all that it recorded.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #27
iz in ur accountz payin ur billz
Beeyelluh is on a distinguished road

Name: Keith
Beeyelluh's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I still stand by the one I bought, and it will give you 15 minute clips For less than $30 you should return that one and get mine.

http://www.amazon.com/2-5-inch-Vehic...amazonquery-20
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #28
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Definitely thinking about returning it. I definitely like the price of yours I just don't like that it looks substantially larger, about the size of the radar detector. We'll see.

Final verdict: don't buy this crap. Unless you want to buy mine from me lol.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #29
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Definitely thinking about returning it. I definitely like the price of yours I just don't like that it looks substantially larger, about the size of the radar detector. We'll see.

Final verdict: don't buy this crap. Unless you want to buy mine from me lol.
It's picking up a lot of electrical noise, the audio is pretty bad.. Maybe contributing to the video quality..
Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #30
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...cams-sale.html

just sayin

a bit pricier than these posted...but they WORK
Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #31
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
It's picking up a lot of electrical noise, the audio is pretty bad.. Maybe contributing to the video quality..
Who knows. Reading more of the reviews on this seems a few others have that sound issue a long with my issue of it not really loop recording. Others complain there is a setting that always default back to on that ends up write protecting the files so they don't get recorded over so memory cards fill up fast. The user manual is useless too and it's obvious it was written by a Chinese person with bad English lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

just sayin

How do these mount?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #32
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
In the case of the OP, what would be the chances of you having pointing a camera to the rear and correct side of the vehicle to "catch" the accident?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #33
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
In the case of the OP, what would be the chances of you having pointing a camera to the rear and correct side of the vehicle to "catch" the accident?
Well theoretically he could have one pointing out the back window too lol. For me personally I'm worried about the person running a red light or pulling out in front or the fucktards that they and scam you by backing into you saying that you rear ended them.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #34
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Who knows. Reading more of the reviews on this seems a few others have that sound issue a long with my issue of it not really loop recording. Others complain there is a setting that always default back to on that ends up write protecting the files so they don't get recorded over so memory cards fill up fast. The user manual is useless too and it's obvious it was written by a Chinese person with bad English lol.

How do these mount?
they have a ring with a flat mount surface to use double sided tape or rear view mirror glue or what have you
Old 11-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #35
Specalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecalt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Specalt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

just sayin

What system are you guys upgrading to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
In my case she is saying I drifted out of my lane and hit her. A front mounted dash cam would show what lane I was in.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #36
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
What system are you guys upgrading to?

In my case she is saying I drifted out of my lane and hit her. A front mounted dash cam would show what lane I was in.
We upgraded to the kci t-eye about 6-7 months ago
Old 11-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #37
Kenny Fuckin Powers

So I've decided to return this piece of crap.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #38
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeyelluh View Post
Well, I still stand by the one I bought, and it will give you 15 minute clips For less than $30 you should return that one and get mine.

http://www.amazon.com/2-5-inch-Vehic...amazonquery-20
So it records a 15 minute video and then loops back on the written video or saves it and starts a new video? Stupid question
Old 11-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #39
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
So I've decided to return this piece of crap.
I would to
Old 11-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #40
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
So it records a 15 minute video and then loops back on the written video or saves it and starts a new video? Stupid question
They save separate 15 min clips until full, then overwrites the oldest, I believe.

Products Discussed in this Thread