LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Dash Cam

Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #61
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Good thread ... Been using a dash cam (and a "active" rear cam) for a while ... always looking for more info on this stuff ...
Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #62
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stractman View Post
was wondering if you could provide some feedback on how this one works. i'm thinking about getting the DOD F500LHD dash cam (http://dashcamtalk.com/dod-f500lhd/) but it's $100. if this small one is good, i'd like the cheaper option. does it loop record? do you need to install a program to view the vids? i'd appreciate any info you could provide about your experience.

thanks.
Sorry dude, I dont know anything about it. That site looks pretty good for reviews, I found it myself the other day
Old 01-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #63
stractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
stractman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Sorry dude, I dont know anything about it. That site looks pretty good for reviews, I found it myself the other day
sorry. i should have been clear - my questions are about the small camera that you bought and installed.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #64
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sorry. i should have been clear - my questions are about the small camera that you bought and installed.
Gotcha... I found out there's a knock-off (Mine) and a real one that works much better. Check out that site, both are actually on there
Old 01-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #65
stractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstractman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
stractman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Gotcha... I found out there's a knock-off (Mine) and a real one that works much better. Check out that site, both are actually on there
woo hoo! thanks. now i know...and knowing is half the battle.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #66
The Sticker Guy

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
woo hoo! thanks. now i know...and knowing is half the battle.
Yea... i figured it worth a shot for $40. Didnt work out so Ill get most of it back, gotta ship the thing back to China. It burnt up 2 sd cards I got for free
Old 06-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #67
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
picked this one up

it works GREAT !

front and rear cams, I hang it from a clip on my mirror,
the unit is pretty small and works awesome

it simply saves 2 files to the memory cards (front and rear). I have a 32gb
microSD in it. works flawlessly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OC:US:3160
Old 06-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #68
BRUCEB is on a distinguished road
BRUCEB's Tacoma Gallery
I just put one in my truck.Its a Top Dawg electronics one;records front AND rear.$159,can be set to come automaticly.Also has a g-sensor,to flag a set of pictures.Check them out,Top Dawg electronics.com.Feel safer with mine.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #69
jgillchevy is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired 11B 1SG
jgillchevy's Tacoma Gallery
another option

Check out website: www.dvryourcar.com.......guy on there selling $90 HD (720) dash cams. He has a friend here on TacomaWorld (sytfu510) that has a thread about those cameras, I think the thread is HD DVR vehicle dash cams if you wanna search it here and review(one guy on there did a VERY detailed review). I just purchased one and received it yesterday, going to install it right now and drive around to test it out. I'll post up my review soon. One critical thing w/ just about ANY of these cameras is to use a top quality SD memory card, class 10, one that has the fastest writing capability.....like sandisk extreme. Good Luck!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #71
Listen More that Speak... Answer When Asked
NorthRoad is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army: Troop Commander _ Armoured Recce; Battle Tanks
NorthRoad's Tacoma Gallery
I think I know what my hood scoop wants to be when it grows up!

Sub'ed as well.

Last year I had a cabbie pop his sh#! box minivan into reverse at a red light and stage an accident. He then tried to claim material, medical and emotional damages. No witnesses of course.

A couple of related personal 'mod' thoughts/daydreams:
  1. A mini-bullet camera would probably fit well in the hood scoop (give it some function!)... less clutter on the dash and less chance of the camera being mistaken for a radar detector when driving in regions where they're banned. Line of sight is my biggest concern here. Perhaps the lens would burn through a mesh grill like a riflescope glare shade?
  2. Can someone smarter than I tell us if it is possible splice the video feed into the dash monitor? My kids would WAY rather watch the real world on a screen!
  3. Could the stock B/U camera also be fed to a recorder?
  4. I have house cameras w/IR LEDs (B&W). I put an LED IR flood on a pole in the back yard that lights up the whole space and dramatically increases the range of the camera. I wonder how well an LED IR bar mounted on the grill and one of these cameras would work. Silly to most I know but to those who are smiling... yes "RECCE own the night"... even in your civi TACO!
If nothing else the above would make for some great trail vids! Thoughts?
North Road
Old 07-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #72
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Finevu-CR-500H.../dp/B00AIBEBZG

A little pricey at $300, but it has a ton of features. Comes with a 16GB card and does 3 minute files sequentially until the card is full and then it starts deleting the oldest. High res, small and compact, can be set up on constant power with parking mode (starts recording when there is movement and the car is turned off) etc. Lots of accessories like UV lens filters and other things. Worth looking into if you don't mind the $$
Old 07-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #73
jgillchevy is on a distinguished road
Army: Retired 11B 1SG
jgillchevy's Tacoma Gallery
Car cameras/dvr

Yeah $330 is a little pricey but I'd say worth it if camera truly does produce quality high res video and dvr records it all as it should. Another good site to check out (but also a little pricey, because I believe it's quality product, no first hand knowledge on that tho but hopefully soon!) is www.adrenalinecamera.com
I'm interested in getting their 620 TVL camera for $195, that is super high resolution and would probable record some AMAZING quality video out the windshield of my Tacoma! Also considering a one or four channel mobile dvr from supercircuits.com
Old 07-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #74
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
picked this one up

it works GREAT !

front and rear cams, I hang it from a clip on my mirror,
the unit is pretty small and works awesome

it simply saves 2 files to the memory cards (front and rear). I have a 32gb
microSD in it. works flawlessly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OC:US:3160
can u post pic of it mounted?
thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #75
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Looking through eBay, and damn there's a lot of choices for dash cams.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #76
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is a Smarty BX1500. So far, so good after one year. Has 3-axis accelerometer and GPS logging for accident reconstruction. Records in SD.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #77
mr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr2mki is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mr2mki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Mine is a Smarty BX1500. So far, so good after one year. Has 3-axis accelerometer and GPS logging for accident reconstruction. Records in SD.
Were you able to wire it into the headliner?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #78
Kidlatj is just really niceKidlatj is just really niceKidlatj is just really niceKidlatj is just really niceKidlatj is just really nice
Kidlatj's Tacoma Gallery
Dash Cam Gopro

Here is a hit and run accident I caught the first day I installed my dash cam, within the first week of getting my truck. It is one of those cheap 2.5" flip screen ones from china. I love how easy the auto record and loop features are but I have a go-pro black and the quality is so much better. I would love to be able to use it instead and rig an auto power on-record mode. My other concern is that I need to be able to keep it hidden somehow so no one tries to break in and steal it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnz1G...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #79
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlatj View Post
Here is a hit and run accident I caught the first day I installed my dash cam, within the first week of getting my truck. It is one of those cheap 2.5" flip screen ones from china. I love how easy the auto record and loop features are but I have a go-pro black and the quality is so much better. I would love to be able to use it instead and rig an auto power on-record mode. My other concern is that I need to be able to keep it hidden somehow so no one tries to break in and steal it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnz1G...ature=youtu.be
So.... no attempt to get the plate number or anything?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #80
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I saw a plate number