Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

How to remove small speaker trim?

Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Tacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Tacoma BC's Tacoma Gallery
How to remove small speaker trim?

How do the small speaker trim rings remove from the front doors? Do they pop off, or do I have to remove the entire door panel? I'm wanting to paint them.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
wtf you talking about post pics
Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
The grills for the tweeter is what he means. I popped them out from the back when i took the door panel off, it would be hard to do it without taking the door panel off an they might break. Just take the door panel off its simple, i can probably do it in 30 seconds now that i have done it a few times
Old 11-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
Those tweeter grills on the door panel themselves are plastic welded in. Take the panel off and melt them or drill them off but then you have to glue them back on.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I've always seen people melt them off, cleaner and leaves you with more material to reattach
Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktaco808 View Post
wtf you talking about post pics
lol over react much?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_e View Post
Those tweeter grills on the door panel themselves are plastic welded in. Take the panel off and melt them or drill them off but then you have to glue them back on.
Weird mine pop right out, they have 3 tabs. Squeezed one of the tabs from the back and it came right out, then just popped it back in from the front

Edit: are you talking about separating the grill or the mesh from the trim ring? In that case ya you would probably have to melt them
Old 11-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #8
Tacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma BC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Tacoma BC's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks. I'll remove the door panel.