Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

backup cam out of my 6.1" screen?

Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
aa777rob is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob N.
aa777rob's Tacoma Gallery
backup cam out of my 6.1" screen?

ive got a 2013 Tacoma with the 6.1" stereo screen model 86140-04080. this year Satellite wasnt installed so the dealer had a local place add on the satellie reciever. while the stereo was out i noticed there's a blank input in the back with nothing hooked up to it, also another plug coming out of the stereo that Y's off and one of the 2 plugs isnt hooked up to anything. i was wondering if this stereo is capable of having the backup cam on it's screen as opposed to the rear view mirror? what's the empty plug input and what's the one cable that has nothing plugged into it there for? wondering what might be able to be hooked up to the two open spots.
Attached Thumbnails
backup cam out of my 6.1" screen?-tacoma03.jpg   backup cam out of my 6.1" screen?-tacoma02.jpg  
Old 12-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
yes, it's not on the stereo itself but below that by the power ports. there's the cap with the usb and aux inputs behind that.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery

Ya it's for the cam...I have that same radio and am working on adding it to my 2008...
Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
so your cam only has the one wire coming into that port ??have more pics of the back of your stereo ??
Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
also in my 3rd pic, have any idea what that plug is that's part of the harness but not plugged into anything? maybe for an amp ?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
lastly......what are you LED'ing ??
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa777rob View Post
so your cam only has the one wire coming into that port ??have more pics of the back of your stereo ??
no, the camera needs like 5-6 wires...i only have one right now because im still looking for the correct pins for the plug...

Quote:
also in my 3rd pic, have any idea what that plug is that's part of the harness but not plugged into anything? maybe for an amp ?
i have no idea...probably not for the amp..youd have to get your hands on some wire diagrams for the newer models

Quote:
lastly......what are you LED'ing ??
all 2nd gen tacomas (from 05-13) come with almost full interior led lighting stock...i just change out the colors for people.
on this particular radio, i am leaving the full white background but changing out the knobs to green
Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #10
can you identify which wires do the cam? im thinking the plug on the back of my mirror is the same as that one going on the back of the stereo....just wanting to verify if there's an extra for the temp probe or something. i'll ask and see if the dealership has a schematic for the stereo or not, otherwise. thanks for much for your info!
Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #11
also...my 2013 tacoma has old style bulbs for the map and dome light, id love to update those. any idea of the bulb numbers? i've googled but not been able to find that yet. i know its easy to find the LED's off ebay once you have the bulb numbers. neat idea updating the colors! ill pay attention to mine next time its dark, you're giving me some ideas...
Old 12-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #12
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Ya ill post a link of the schematic later cuz I'm on my phone right now

The map lights are the 194 bulbs the dome I don't remember, hit up csjumper2003 he sells all the lights for that
Old 12-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
awesome, i'd also like to see if i can identify the side to side controller as i just have up and down, and mode. i know the Camry's have a up and down and side to side so i can go between 4/6 5/6 and 6/6 without having to touch the screen. thanks so much for the info....looking foreward to the schematic! rob
Old 12-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
sheamus is on a distinguished road
sheamus's Tacoma Gallery
So what is the end game here? Would it be possible to have backup cam on mirror and 6" screen at same time? It would be cool if there was a way to hook it to phone, though MHL/hdmi.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #15
id like to be able to see the backup cam on the stereo screen instead of just the one on the mirror that im not too crazy about. im curious to see the schematic, also wishing there was a way to have the side to side buttons, as i just have up and down but have to touch the arrow on the screen each time to go to the different pages of presets.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #16
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in the cam on steroe screen as well.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
DinaxMaxxum is on a distinguished road
DinaxMaxxum's Tacoma Gallery
Camera

Hello Rod
Do you have already the diagram to conect the backup camera to the radio display? Would you post a simple schema?
Thanks
Raul
PS I just take out my radio..
Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
jessijames is on a distinguished road
Name: Jessi
jessijames's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
can you identify which wires do the cam? im thinking the plug on the back of my mirror is the same as that one going on the back of the stereo....just wanting to verify if there's an extra for the temp probe or something. i'll ask and see if the dealership has a schematic for the stereo or not, otherwise. thanks for much for your info!
Gonna see if the copy and paste function will work with this...
Last Modified: 9-26-20126.4 UFrom: 201208 Model Year: 2013Model: TacomaDoc ID: RM0000013ZZ09ZXTitle: PARK ASSIST / MONITORING: REAR VIEW MONITOR SYSTEM: TERMINALS OF ECU (2013 Tacoma)
TERMINALS OF ECU

1. REAR TELEVISION CAMERA ASSEMBLY

(a) Disconnect the T19 television camera assembly connector.
(b) Measure the voltage and resistance according to the value(s) in the table below.
Terminal No. (Symbol)
Wiring Color
Terminal Description
Condition
Specified Condition
T19-3 (CGND) - Body ground
L - Body ground
Ground
Always
Below 1 Ω
T19-4 (CB+) - Body ground
B - Body ground
Power source
Ignition switch ON, shift lever in R
5.5 to 7.05 V

If the result is not as specified, there may be a malfunction on the wire harness side.
(c) Reconnect the rear television camera assembly connector.
(d) Measure the waveform according to the value(s) in the table below.
Terminal No. (Symbol)
Wiring Color
Terminal Description
Condition
Specified Condition
T19-2 (CV+) - T19-1 (CV-)
R - W
Video signal
Pulse generation
(See waveform 1)
Ignition switch ON, shift lever in R, screen blacked out by covering camera lens
Pulse generation
(See waveform 2)

HINT:
A waterproof connector is used for the rear television camera assembly. Therefore, inspect the waveform at the inner rear view mirror assembly with the connector connected.
If the result is not as specified, the rear television camera assembly may have a malfunction.

(e) Using an oscilloscope, check the waveform.
HINT:
A waterproof connector is used for the rear television camera assembly. Therefore, inspect the waveform at the inner rear view assembly with the connector connected.
(1) Waveform 1 (Reference)
Item
Content
Terminal No. (Symbol)
Tool Setting
200 mV/DIV., 50 μsec./DIV.
Condition
HINT:
The video waveform changes according to the image sent by the rear television camera assembly.
(2) Waveform 2 (Reference)
Item
Content
Terminal No. (Symbol)
Tool Setting
Condition
Ignition switch ON, shift lever in R, screen blacked out by covering camera lens
HINT:
The video waveform changes according to the image sent by the rear television camera assembly.
Text in Illustration

*a
Waveform 1
*b
Waveform 2
*c
Synchronized Signal
*d
Video Waveform

2. INNER REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSEMBLY

(a) Disconnect the I8 inner rear view mirror assembly connector.
(b) Measure the voltage and resistance according to the value(s) in the table below.
Terminal No. (Symbol)
Wiring Color
Terminal Description
Condition
Specified Condition
I8-1 (IG) - I8-2 (E)
LG - W-B
Power source (IG)
Ignition switch off
Below 1 V
Ignition switch ON
11 to 14 V
I8-2 (E) - Body ground
W-B - Body ground
Ground
Always
Below 1 Ω
I8-8 (+B) - I8-2 (E)
R - W-B
Power source (+B)
Always
11 to 14 V

(c) Reconnect the inner rear view mirror assembly connector.
(d) Measure the voltage and waveform according to the value(s) in the table below.
Terminal No. (Symbol)
Wiring Color
Terminal Description
Condition
Specified Condition
I8-3 (REV) - I8-2 (E)
R - W-B
Reverse signal
Ignition switch ON, shift lever not in R
Below 1 V
11 to 14 V
I8-6 (CV-) - I8-2 (E)
W - W-B
Ground
Always
Below 1 V
I8-7 (CV+) - I8-6 (CV-)
R - W
Video signal
Pulse generation
(See waveform 1)
Pulse generation
(See waveform 2)
I8-13 (CGND) - Body ground
Shield - Body ground
Shield ground
Always
Below 1 V
I8-14 (CB+) - I8-2 (E)
B - W-B
Power source
5.5 to 7.05 V

(e) Using an oscilloscope, check the waveform.
(1) Waveform 1 (Reference)
Item
Content
Terminal No. (Symbol)
I8-7 (CV+) - I8-6 (CV-)
Tool Setting
Condition
HINT:
(2) Waveform 2 (Reference)
Item
Content
Terminal No. (Symbol)
I8-7 (CV+) - I8-6 (CV-)
Tool Setting
Condition
HINT:
Text in Illustration

*a
Waveform 1
*b
Waveform 2
*c
Synchronized Signal
*d
Video Waveform

Hope this helps,
Cheers, Jessi
Old 02-24-2014, 12:17 AM   #19
jl007 is on a distinguished road
jl007's Tacoma Gallery
finished photo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post

Ya it's for the cam...I have that same radio and am working on adding it to my 2008...
Hey, I got a 2008 tacoma, and want to do exactly the same thing what you did with your 08 tacoma. I already got the panasonic Model no. 86140-04080 at home. Would you have the finished photo of the back connection of what you did by any chance? And would you know where would I be able to order the female end of the hardness by any chance? Thanks!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:48 AM   #20
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl007 View Post
Hey, I got a 2008 tacoma, and want to do exactly the same thing what you did with your 08 tacoma. I already got the panasonic Model no. 86140-04080 at home. Would you have the finished photo of the back connection of what you did by any chance? And would you know where would I be able to order the female end of the hardness by any chance? Thanks!
Nope. I went with a different radio...and left the back up cam on the rear view mirror.
Sorry man