Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

x940 bt

Old 11-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
nesmario is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
nesmario's Tacoma Gallery
x940 bt

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this, I have a 2012 Sport with JBL, and looking to replace everything, a few questions:

Can i Keep the factory backup camera and bluetooth mic?

What other accessories will I need, like wiring harness, steering wheel controls harness, etc. Would like to keep the same functions I have now, or close to it as possible.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
You'll need the JBL wiring harness, a wiring harness to keep your back up cam and mic, and a harness to keep your steering wheel stuff if you have it. Crutchfield will has part numbers
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
follow up question: do i need the jbl wiring harness if i'm running new speaker wire too? I'll have a new amp, new sub, and wiring, and looking to take out all the jbl items....and is there a harness to keep the camera and mic?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
tractng is on a distinguished road
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same stereo you are asking. It just arrived yesterday. Waiting for the metra and wiring harness. I have the non jbl.

Don't really care for the steering wheel controls.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesmario View Post
follow up question: do i need the jbl wiring harness if i'm running new speaker wire too? I'll have a new amp, new sub, and wiring, and looking to take out all the jbl items....and is there a harness to keep the camera and mic?
If you're running aftermarket amp you won't need to hook up your JBL amp, you'll just need to connect the power, grounds, and other wires from the back and just keep the speaker wires unhooked and run RCA's out the back of the unit to the amp.
Here's your steering wheel interface:http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120ASWC...C.html?tp=3405

I'm trying to find an interface that will allow the stock bluetooth to work. I think you may be able to unhook it from the back of the stock radio and just switch it with the new one as all of the BT mic's I've installed have had a 3.5mm jack that was used to interface the mic with the radio's.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
Thanks War horse....any idea on the back up camera? Most of these HU's have an RCA composit input, but i guess without tearing out the stock unit, I don't know if the stock uses RCA>...