LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Audio Install cost ?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
Maximuslion is on a distinguished road

Maximuslion's Tacoma Gallery
Audio Install cost ?

if it matters, i'm keeping the stock head unit. (hence the LC7i) I want everything hidden, keeping the stock look

Trying to determine a fair price for this install. It will be going into a 2002 doublecab. I will also be providing the amp kits. For those of you that know what it takes to complete this install, what would a fair price be for the labor?

Audio Control LC7i
Alpine SPR-50C (front doors)
Alpine SPR-68 (back doors)
Alpine MRX-F65 (4CH amp)
Alpine SWR-T10 (thin sub)
Alpine MRX-M110 (mono amp)
Mr Marv box & baffles
rammat the 4 doors and back wall
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ron
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking from experience of doing it myself... that's going to be an all day job.

Wiring: 2hrs
Sound deadening: roughly 1 hr per door with prep
Making an amp rack?: at least 1hr
Installing pieces in the truck: at least 1hr

8hrs give or take an hour. Not sure what their shop rate is.

There are a lot of people on this site who are very experienced with installs, ever think of giving it a try yourself? The box is already made for you.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #3

Thought about installing myself but I have no experience at all with installing car audio equipment. ( amp rack by mr Marv also)
Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
This doesn't help but this is why I friend my local shop. Though I pay full price on all he stereo equipment...but not only do they don't charge me sales taxes or installation cost but I also get warranty at anytime I need it. I moved but still drive 70 miles to get my stuff from them simply because of the trust on their work and the relationship we have.

Their labor cost alone is:
$75 per set of components
$65 mono or 2 channel amp
$75 4 channel or more amp
$65 installing sub and box
$65 per door for sound deadening
$100 for amp rack
Cost of wiring and any other custom modifications needed.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Pcyc is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
Have you thought about an alpine pdx-v9 amp. It's a 5 channel and will be a better choice. You will also save money on the wiring, etc.

Check out the following
Darvix.com for wiring
Amp and speakers at amazon
Speaker mounts taco tunes or mr marv

Follow the tacotunes.com install videos. You will be fine. If you can read you can install the stereo.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Ronn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to beholdRonn is a splendid one to behold
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximuslion View Post
Thought about installing myself but I have no experience at all with installing car audio equipment. ( amp rack by mr Marv also)
It's up to you, but don't let an audio install overwhelm you. I would say the harder part is the fab custom work that has already been done for you by Mr. Marv. His box and amp rack are ready to drop in so there's no guess work there.

As for your biggest concern of making sure everything stays hidden, it's a matter of taking it one step at a time. Knowing how panels are removed from your truck, running wires, hooking them up, and installing your components. Try looking around at some build threads where someone has documented steps taken and then see how you feel. I really can't see a shop charging you less than 500 dollars.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #7

thanks Ron, i have seriously considered that but without someone holding my hand along the way i'm afraid i would not ground something correctly or i would break something trying to remove plastic panels from all over. After paying this much for the equipment i really want it installed right. I don't want to short or fry anything. I did ask a local guy from this forum but he wasn't willing to help. Understandably so if this is a 1 or 2 day job. If you're down in Houston Tx anytime soon you can walk me through the install & i'll treat you to some real good TX BBQ !!!

Oh, and if anyone in the area wants to help teach, i will pay for the help and buy the BBQ!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Ronn's Tacoma Gallery
That makes a lot of sense, I hope you find someone that can do it for a fair price. If we were closer I would give you a hand, I love projects like that.