1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2000 Tacoma SR5 does it have a stock amp?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Sittingbull2, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Nov 20, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    Sittingbull2

Sittingbull2 [OP] Old N.R.A. Hippy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Southeast texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Xtra Cab SR5 White
    3" Body lift, ARB Front Bumper w/9000 lb. Warn Winch, Chevy Alum. Rims w/ Kelly 285's M/S
    My 2000 Tacoma 4x4 extra cab does it have a stock amp in it? If it does where is it located at? Reason being I recently installed a new HU and speakers fronts are RF 5.25's 2 ways and rear speakers which are RF 6.5 two ways. Fronts sound excellent but the rears only bass coming out of them and no high end sound coming out of them. Anybody know if it has a stock amp because I believe this is the problem. I did use the stock wiring harness for the rear speakers. I may need to run speaker wire strictly for rears instead of using factory harness speaker wires. Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks yall
    Sittingbull2

2. Nov 21, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    is it jbl? and some of the tacomas and 4runners used almost like a mini amp that is either behind the radio, under or beside but you can just unplug it and plug in to the wire you unplug... but i have rarely seen the tacomas like that mainly the 4runners...

3. Nov 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    Sittingbull2

Sittingbull2 [OP] Old N.R.A. Hippy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Southeast texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Xtra Cab SR5 White
    3" Body lift, ARB Front Bumper w/9000 lb. Warn Winch, Chevy Alum. Rims w/ Kelly 285's M/S
    Well it was the stock HU I pulled out. It was the radio that had cd, and Tape deck, and radio all in one type. It says Toyota A56813 on the radio. If that matters any. Thanks anyway I believe I will just run speaker wire back there from my new HU. or maybe tear into everything to findout what there is.

Products Discussed in

To Top