Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Help me decide on single sub for double cab!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Help me decide on single sub for double cab!

Just purchased my 2010 sport double cab. I currently have a 500w alpine and would like to add one sub. 10 or 12 it doesn't really matter. I just want it to sound crisp, tight, and clean. I've seen a few rigs running the arc sub and the ID. Would these be the preferred subs for a single setup?? Any help would be great.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
if you are not wanting it to be real loud, and just want it to make the music sound better. i’d go with a 10”, 10”s provide good sound and are not too loud.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Mr Marv box + JL Audio 13TW5 = über butt seckz
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
trussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nice

Name: Tyler
trussell456's Tacoma Gallery
RE audio 10" wayyyyy cheaper than jl and will sound just as good or better!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Timfd024 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Tim
Timfd024's Tacoma Gallery
If it were me Id just stick with an Alpine 10, prob an Alpine SWS-1043D. Its a 300w RMS sub with less than 5" mounting depth. Recommended box size is at .65cuft to 1.5cuft which is a good range for box options and you can find them for less than $150.00. It should sound good with that amp and its the same brand. I am big about audio products matching, I just think it looks cleaner.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timfd024 View Post
If it were me Id just stick with an Alpine 10, prob an Alpine SWS-1043D. Its a 300w RMS sub with less than 5" mounting depth. Recommended box size is at .65cuft to 1.5cuft which is a good range for box options and you can find them for less than $150.00. It should sound good with that amp and its the same brand. I am big about audio products matching, I just think it looks cleaner.

I have one of these Alpine 10" Type R (SWS-1043D) for sale right now if you are interested...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...r-1043d-3.html
Old 11-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
A 10 inch sub isn't as loud as a 12 or 15??? What retards give advice on the Internet.....if you don't know, keep your mouth shut....size has very little bearing on how loud a sub will get, ahahahahahaha
Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Thanks guys.

Trussell: What model RE??
Old 11-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #10
LEGITacoma is on a distinguished road
LEGITacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Rockford Fosgate is a very good brand also. I've had two subs from them and they are really high quality. They take more power than the sheet says they can. Just to open up your options. I've heard the shallow mount JL's and don't like them at all. They bottom out and make a horrible noise. And that's in a sealed box too.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #11
j753301 is on a distinguished road
j753301's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same truck and I bought a Rockford P3 shallow mount 12" sub box it fits perfect behind the pass back seat if you take out ,or trim up the plastic piece. And it sounds great!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
trussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyfisher View Post
Thanks guys.

Trussell: What model RE??
the RFX 10" is what i would go with, can be had for around 75 bucks as its an older model. ive had jl, alpine, and rockfords and none even compared in sound quality. The alpines were quite a bit louder, but didn't sound nearly as good
Old 11-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sundown sd2 is about the best sub at the best price that will fit back there that I'm aware of. The biggest factor is that the box has to be so damn small it almost kills any chance of getting "loud" in these trucks.....I'm a bass head by nature, so naturally I put a ported zv3 on the back seat, still not enough....
Old 11-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
Sundown sd2 is about the best sub at the best price that will fit back there that I'm aware of. The biggest factor is that the box has to be so damn small it almost kills any chance of getting "loud" in these trucks.....I'm a bass head by nature, so naturally I put a ported zv3 on the back seat, still not enough....
That's funny because that is the exact sub that I'm looking at right now.

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #15
Banned
Ya, don't listen to these guys that say pioneer, or Rockford..... junk...the type r is too expensive, along with anything jl....99% of true shallow mount aren't worth anything either...
Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Ya, don't listen to these guys that say pioneer, or Rockford..... junk...the type r is too expensive, along with anything jl....99% of true shallow mount aren't worth anything either...
what he said ^
Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #17
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A 10 inch sub isn't as loud as a 12 or 15??? What retards give advice on the Internet.....if you don't know, keep your mouth shut....size has very little bearing on how loud a sub will get, ahahahahahaha
Zackly...
Old 11-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #18

I've narrowed it down to the sundown sd-2, IDQ V3, the ARC, or a JL 10w3v3. Not sure yet though.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #19
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
I am having the Same dilemma
Old 11-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
RAGEAHOLIC
mh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shedmh.meier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 12th MAR HQ BTRY TAP
Name: MAD MIKE
mh.meier's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. I have been trying to get one also.