Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

best double DIN screen under $500?/

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
TRDfarmerTN is on a distinguished road
TRDfarmerTN's Tacoma Gallery
best double DIN screen under $500?/

lookin to get a screen for my 2012 taco, i had a kenwood a few yrs ago, but wondered what ppl thought was best out now..want something with easy controls and a external hookup to use my iphone to play music also
Old 11-24-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
tractng is on a distinguished road
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDfarmerTN View Post
lookin to get a screen for my 2012 taco, i had a kenwood a few yrs ago, but wondered what ppl thought was best out now..want something with easy controls and a external hookup to use my iphone to play music also

I just got the pioneer avic x940bt. Its exactly 500! .
Old 11-24-2012, 03:01 AM   #3
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Pioneer all day long! Check out the avh 4400. I personally have the 8400, but the 4400 is still a sweet unit, and very affordable. You can find it for around $400ish new. Once you add the dash kit, wire harness, and iPod cable, youll be right around $500 out the door.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Eclipse AVN-726E for sale.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
I had a Pioneer AVH3400 and loved it for the 2 months I had it...then it got stolen. I've always loved Pioneer.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Pioneer all day long! Check out the avh 4400. I personally have the 8400, but the 4400 is still a sweet unit, and very affordable. You can find it for around $400ish new. Once you add the dash kit, wire harness, and iPod cable, youll be right around $500 out the door.
does it have a hookup on front of the screen for a ipod too? didnt know if u were talking about that or a hookup from the back
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Hookup on back. They have lower models that allow for front connection. Personally I like the larger screen and more clean look. Don't like wires showing. But if that's what you are looking for, they ha e plenty of models out that do that for way under your budget. They just released the 2013 line-up so I'm not too familiar with them yet, but so far they seem identical as the 2012 models but with new model numbers. I actually prefer the 12's over the 13's and the 12's are probably cheaper now.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Hookup on back. They have lower models that allow for front connection. Personally I like the larger screen and more clean look. Don't like wires showing. But if that's what you are looking for, they ha e plenty of models out that do that for way under your budget. They just released the 2013 line-up so I'm not too familiar with them yet, but so far they seem identical as the 2012 models but with new model numbers. I actually prefer the 12's over the 13's and the 12's are probably cheaper now.
ok, im wanting the front hookup cause most the time i use my iphone and i dont wna have to put it in the glovebox just to listen to my playlist
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
also does any of these headunits let u keep the steering wheels controls working??
Old 11-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post

this unit let u still use the steering wheels controls on a 2012 truck?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #15
hotrodbanshee is on a distinguished road
Name: Clayton
hotrodbanshee's Tacoma Gallery
I am wanting to put a pioneer in my wifes 2012 and she just switched to the android phone so does any of the pioneer screens work with the android phones. She wants to be able to watch netflix and control her Samsung galaxy 3 with the head unit.

Products Discussed in this Thread