Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

subs with stock head unit

Old 11-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
subs with stock head unit

i bought my 2013 tacoma that has the non-entune stock head unit (still touch screen) i plan on putting a sub on it, but every headunit i've ever messed with had L-R audio output cables to go into your amp, and this stock head unit does not. is there any way to rig somekind of converter to it to get your L-R cables?
(i'm trying to pay off the truck before i get a new headunit.) any help appreciated! thanks.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
The easy way is to tap into the stock speaker wires in the back (or wherever you want) and use a "high to low level converter". Some amps have this option built in "high level input".
You'll have no problem running a sub this way. Make sure you post pics.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man, i appreciate it, and will do!