Notices

super Crew Sound sub box

Old 11-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Grantman is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Grant
Grantman's Tacoma Gallery
super Crew Sound sub box

Has anyone used the Super Crew Sound sub box that will fit 3 10" subs in a 2nd edition double cab? It looks like a nice box but the only concern I have is will the subs hit the back side of the rear seats when playing music with lots of base? Any input will be great.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
jokerj80 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
jokerj80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantman View Post
Has anyone used the Super Crew Sound sub box that will fit 3 10" subs in a 2nd edition double cab? It looks like a nice box but the only concern I have is will the subs hit the back side of the rear seats when playing music with lots of base? Any input will be great.
i purchased the twin box with kicker 10's and they do not hit the back of the rear seats. you should be safe.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #3
Grantman is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Grant
Grantman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, did you have to remove the plastic cover on the back of the seats?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery

this is 2 10in jl W1
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantman View Post
Thanks, did you have to remove the plastic cover on the back of the seats?
No but I did have to remove the whole seat backs to get the box in. Then reinstalled the seats. Box is real nice. No fastening required.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
tractng is on a distinguished road
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerj80 View Post
No but I did have to remove the whole seat backs to get the box in. Then reinstalled the seats. Box is real nice. No fastening required.

I wonder if you have to remove the seat if it is a single box.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Yes
Old 12-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerj80 View Post
Yes

I am installing the amp right now. I pulled the plastic on the back off. For the single box, do I have to remove the plastic from the other side too?

Also, do both sides of the seats have to come out. So far I took 3 screws out just I could pull the plastic out? Looks like I have to. Please confirm

Thanks in advance
Old 12-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am installing the amp right now. I pulled the plastic on the back off. For the single box, do I have to remove the plastic from the other side too?

Also, do both sides of the seats have to come out. So far I took 3 screws out just I could pull the plastic out? Looks like I have to. Please confirm

Thanks in advance
I have the single 10' sub box from SuperCrewSound in my 2005 double cab. I only had to remove the driver's side rear seat to put the box in place. I did not have to remove the other part of the back seat. I did, however, remove the both parts to that black plastic thing behind the rear seat, but only because I ran the audio wires along the passenger side of the truck. If you're running the audio cables another way, it probably isn't necessary to remove the larger of the two plastic pieces behind the rear seat.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #10
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
I have the single 10' sub box from SuperCrewSound in my 2005 double cab. I only had to remove the driver's side rear seat to put the box in place. I did not have to remove the other part of the back seat. I did, however, remove the both parts to that black plastic thing behind the rear seat, but only because I ran the audio wires along the passenger side of the truck. If you're running the audio cables another way, it probably isn't necessary to remove the larger of the two plastic pieces behind the rear seat.

Thanks man. From the looks of it, the back seat is one piece going across.(back support).
Old 12-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post

this is 2 10in jl W1
How are you wired (series, parellel?)and what amp are you running?

I'm diggn it
Old 12-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
What would it matter unless you knew the impedance of his coils
Old 12-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #13
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious. I've pm'd him.