Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Best single din pioneer radio?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Best single din pioneer radio?

Looking to do better than what crap Toyota put in. So this is where you come in. Ultimately I'm after blue tooth and iPod hookup in the rear. So let me know what you think
Old 11-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
Looking to do better than what crap Toyota put in. So this is where you come in. Ultimately I'm after blue tooth and iPod hookup in the rear. So let me know what you think
either the new deh-x8500bs single din or the deh-x9500 which i dont believe is out for another week or 2.. but honestly if you were not against the dbl din the avh-x3500bhs is great with 8 band eq...
prices at the shop im at..
deh-x8500bs $179
deh-x9500bs around $199
avh-x3500bhs at $339
i hope this helps and they all have usb from the rear
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Not really against the double din just wanna fit a cb radio in the extra space left. Tried to look up the second one and couldn't find anything on it. Of the two s.d's which is the best?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
I have a single din dash kit i'll sale ya if you need one.. Bought it and didn't get a chance to use it because i went with a double din unit.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #5

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
And how does the bt sound on the other end of the line? Sorry for all ?'s
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
You asked for the best... P99RS

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...yers/DEX-P99RS
Old 11-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #7

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Man that def is sexy but don't have that kind of cash on me :sigh:
Old 11-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #10

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
mclovin how is the bt quality?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
chicka chicka, yeah!
mclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant future

Air Force: 4A271
Name: Jake
mclovin's Tacoma Gallery
for music and that sort of thing its pretty good, i have an htc phone so i don't get the full function of the pandora app but i have had an iphone on there once and it was pretty secks. the quality of phone calls are ok. sometimes the sound isn't loud enough and finding a good place for the bt mic is a bit tricky to not get road noise. if its a quick call then i could care less how i sound, as long as i can hear the otherside its all good. all in all im pretty happy with the BT. a also explored trying to tie in the factory mic, but the harness might be tricky to splice into...
Old 11-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #13
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i put a pioneer 9400 in my truck the middle of august... really like it so far. i've had pioneer decks in the past and this is the best one i've ever used.

bluetooth audio (i.e. pandora) quality is very good... bluetooth phone quality is so-so, but it gets the job done (most people on the other end say they can hear a fair amount of road noise) -- mostly it's just for quick calls though, so i'm not worried about it.

the ipod integration is very good. if you've ever used an older pioneer deck, you couldn't quickly jump through your song/artist lists from the head unit, but you can on the 9400 (and probably all current series head units from pioneer). very handy for long lists.

i give the 9400 a solid 9/10. deducted only for phone call quality.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #14
chicka chicka, yeah!
mclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant future

mclovin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
i put a pioneer 9400 in my truck the middle of august... really like it so far. i've had pioneer decks in the past and this is the best one i've ever used.

bluetooth audio (i.e. pandora) quality is very good... bluetooth phone quality is so-so, but it gets the job done (most people on the other end say they can hear a fair amount of road noise) -- mostly it's just for quick calls though, so i'm not worried about it.

the ipod integration is very good. if you've ever used an older pioneer deck, you couldn't quickly jump through your song/artist lists from the head unit, but you can on the 9400 (and probably all current series head units from pioneer). very handy for long lists.

i give the 9400 a solid 9/10. deducted only for phone call quality.
very much agreed...

side note, where did you mount your mic?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i ran it up to the top of the driver's side (obviously haha) a-pillar and drilled two small holes and used a zip tie to secure it. make sure your sun visor still clears when you flip it down (my first location blocked it, so i had to re-position)
Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Best single DIN hands down, and I don't even have to look at the others.

DEH-80PRS. It has all the same features of the 99 with alot less out of pocket.

I got mine on Amazon for 280. Amazing sound quality, only issue I have with it is the HORRIBLE menu system. Bluetooth works the best out of any unit I've used as well.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
chicka chicka, yeah!

mclovin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
i ran it up to the top of the driver's side (obviously haha) a-pillar and drilled two small holes and used a zip tie to secure it. make sure your sun visor still clears when you flip it down (my first location blocked it, so i had to re-position)
i originally had it in that general location but ended up moving it to the overhead console. had to epoxy the base to the outside of it.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #18
dtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the roughdtaco06 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Danny
dtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
This is the one I just put in over the summer.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+...00bh&cp=1&lp=1

I have the mic under the unit in the center and the BT sounds great on both ends. BT streaming from my Amaze for music works great. I haven't run the USB cable yet, but I do have the optional ipod hookup from my prior pioneer so I could control an ipod/phone from the unit if I still had one.

Tons of audio settings. Adjustable EQ. Overall I'm very happy with it.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #19

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Yea pix of the bt set up
Old 12-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Best single DIN hands down, and I don't even have to look at the others.

DEH-80PRS. It has all the same features of the 99 with alot less out of pocket.

I got mine on Amazon for 280. Amazing sound quality, only issue I have with it is the HORRIBLE menu system. Bluetooth works the best out of any unit I've used as well.

Awesome head unit. Does it fold all the way down, or does it catch on the bottom edge? I went with a non-folding face because I didn't want any issues. But that was the one I was after, it has internals that actually make a difference in sound quality.