Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Fatmat, Dynamat, Sound deadening

Old 11-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Fatmat, Dynamat, Sound deadening

Which is the best in your opinion out of all the companies out there.

I'm going to sound deaden my interior in 2 weeks. I've used Dynamat in the past but its rather expensive. I wanted to find something cheaper but never used any other products.

Who uses what? Do you like it? And how much is needed to cover the entire interior of the truck?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i like my rattle trap!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
tractng is on a distinguished road
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
I have used fatmat a few times. I remember it was the cheapest when I was shopping. I bought the full box which cost about 75 bucks.

It smells for a few day
Old 11-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
go with either these brands

second skin

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

audiotecnhix
Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have opinions on Lizard skin?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 AM   #7
RussellG is on a distinguished road

Name: Russell
RussellG's Tacoma Gallery
My 87 has secondskin spray and fat mat. I like the fatmat/rattletrap..Dont think the spray was any help. The rattle trap is much cheaper then dynamat too
Old 11-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #8
06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed06taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brendan
06taco's Tacoma Gallery
I used Fatmat and have no complaints, it was the most affordable around. I did the entire interior of my AC so I used allot of it and did want to have to break the bank.

Fatmat, Dynamat, Sound deadening-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354190199.309728.jpg

Fatmat, Dynamat, Sound deadening-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354190222.936711.jpg

Fatmat, Dynamat, Sound deadening-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354190242.172982.jpg

Fatmat, Dynamat, Sound deadening-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354190261.853734.jpg
Old 11-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Rammat Audio gives discounts on TW members. A lot of people use it and it's what I'll use based solely on our email's and how helpful he was to me in deciding how much and of what I needed.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
How much do you think is required to do the full interior of the double cab? Floor, roof, walls, back, just not behind the dash.

I emailed Rammat and Fatmat as those seem to be the most popular.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
200 sq feet?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #13
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
Or pay a fraction of the price and get peal n seal, people will argue the the audio stuff is better, and I'm sure it is, but not at 150% of the cost of peal n seal, used it, works great. Like 20 bucks a roll, can't beat that.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
Or pay a fraction of the price and get peal n seal, people will argue the the audio stuff is better, and I'm sure it is, but not at 150% of the cost of peal n seal, used it, works great. Like 20 bucks a roll, can't beat that.
living in AZ i have heard terrible out comes of this, the smell from rattletrap etc goes away after a few days, i heard the peel n seal can ruin a car in 120+ degree heat.

again these are not anything i have experienced, just heard from other people
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #15
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
No problems here, we go from -50c winters to plus 40c summers. I just have my doors done, pretty big difference for 40 bucks.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen people use peel and seal here. When Pat says 120+, that's in the shade. Our interior of our cars gets crazy hot here in the summers. Pat is right, typically the smell keeps coming back during the summers as the adhesive they use gets too hot. If it was 1 million degrees here it would be worth while to cut cost.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
If I were just going to do the back of my RC and inside the door panels,

What would you recommend,

I have been inside my door panels before so it's very easy and there is limited space
but is it better to do the actual inside the door skin of just the door panel where the vapor barrier is?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #18
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Rammat Audio gives discounts on TW members. A lot of people use it and it's what I'll use based solely on our email's and how helpful he was to me in deciding how much and of what I needed.
Rammat all the way. Rick was a great guy to talk to and deal with

EDIT:Wow, this is an old thread
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
I was always advised to ask within the thread of you can, not just start another,

Hope that's ok???
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #20
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
No worries, just an observation. But you answer your questions, I did the all four doors and the rear wall with this package

http://www.raamaudio.com/package-1-2...-41-625-sq-ft/

The before and after was awesome. Just closing the door you can tell how much the deadening made everything firmer.