LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CB Radios? Parts, Tuning, and Setups?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
CB Radios? Parts, Tuning, and Setups?

Ok so I'm looking at getting a CB radio for Christmas right now im in between these 2:

Cobra 29LX

AND

Cobra 75WX ST

I know I'm going to need an antenna and a mount for it, but is there anything else I will need?

And I'm NOT set on Cobra just looking at these cuz its what most of the guys have in the group I'm in......soooooooo any other suggestions are welcome!!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
How much do you want to spend? And what is your goal with your setup?
Under $150 just to have chatter between trucks when we're wheelin
Old 11-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
If your only gonna use it for wheelin try a walkie talkie.
Radio shack 20 bucks. 22 channels.
not as if your gonna be more than a mile apart. no hook up no antenna or swr to mess with.

take it with you if you have to get out of the truck in case your alone and fall or something. FYI thats all
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
Madmartigan 333 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
Madmartigan 333's Tacoma Gallery
Same Question

I am looking to install as well. I am also going to instal a PA speaker. The cobra 75 is great for you can instal a plug, and then unplug and remove it when not in use. The only problem with it for me, it doesn't have a PA option on it. Anyone have a 2012 CB install that they are happy with?
Old 11-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmartigan 333 View Post
I am looking to install as well. I am also going to instal a PA speaker. The cobra 75 is great for you can instal a plug, and then unplug and remove it when not in use. The only problem with it for me, it doesn't have a PA option on it. Anyone have a 2012 CB install that they are happy with?
I am happy with mine.

Lots of good info here...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ence-best.html
Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
STRIKER TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmartigan 333 View Post
Thats exactly the problem I'm running into, the Cobra 29 I think has an AUX so i can plug into my truck stereo system (I dont really listen to music when I wheel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
I am happy with mine.

Lots of good info here...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ence-best.html
MONDOOOO System, to big for me tho
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
Thats exactly the problem I'm running into, the Cobra 29 I think has an AUX so i can plug into my truck stereo system (I dont really listen to music when I wheel)

MONDOOOO System, to big for me tho
just put mine in the other day. im in the same boat as you, as far as not wanting it to be noticeable that you're a nerd with CB.... lol

here is where I put mine, its a Uniden PRO510XL i got on ebay for like 20 bucks shipped. it has a pretty loud speaker in it, so no need to mount an external speaker anywhere, havent used it yet, but I love it so far, as no one can notice lol:

I mounted it to the coin tray to the left of the steering wheel. its easy and cheap to replace that if/when you get rid of the truck so you don't have drilled holes all over the place also, there is a fuse box/bunch of grounding points directly behing that coin tray making it super easy to wire up, mine only turns on when the ignition is on, and turns off when I shut my truck off so I don't kill my battery or have to fish thru the firewall.... AND contrary to how it looks, your knee(s) DO NOT hit it, its not even in the way. I mounted my microphone clip to a switch blank, as once again, it is easy/cheap to get another one, and there aren't permanent drill holes all over your truck....

I got a 2' 5/8 wave firestik antenna:

and mounted it to the bed rails using this:

and this hardware:

Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #9
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
anyone else have pics of their set ups?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Dont have any pics, but I'd recommend a cheap ass Midland and a magnetic roof mount antenna. Easy Peasy. Will have the best reception and you can hook up a PA to it and stick it under the hood. Thats what I have and it works fine
Old 12-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #11
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
im going to with a Cobra 75WX ST at some point after the holiday. I dont like a cluttered cab so the small size is just what im looking for. some find the the volume is not enough and that they need a speaker.

best of luck.