Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

best sounding shallow mount subs??

Old 12-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
TRDfarmerTN is on a distinguished road
TRDfarmerTN's Tacoma Gallery
best sounding shallow mount subs??

im wanting to do a 12" shallow mount sub in my double cab and wondered whats the best sounding ones??? ive always had kicker subs in the past or eclipse...been prob 7yrs since ive messed with subs
Old 12-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
I've always been a JL fan but went to Fosgates to get the shallow mounts a few years back. Setup was for under rear seat of a tundra but I'm now using in dbl cab taco. 2-12" Fosgate shallows behind seat, several years old now and still pound really well.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
A Bad Ass Member
Jared will become famous soon enough

Name: Jared
Jared's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
I've always been a JL fan but went to Fosgates to get the shallow mounts a few years back. Setup was for under rear seat of a tundra but I'm now using in dbl cab taco. 2-12" Fosgate shallows behind seat, several years old now and still pound really well.
I have had Rockford Fosgates as well. Very impressed and well worth it
Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Quote:
any pics?? and what amp u run? i wna run a amp that has a remote bass knob with it, but havent looked too hard yet at them
Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Amps are old school, they just keep working. Subs run off Fosgate 800h2 and satellites off ancient PPI art series 400.4 I bought in like '92. Only issue with them is they are so big which makes my enclosure a touch on the small side since its all on the back wall. None of its broken so I'm not fixin it.
best sounding shallow mount subs??-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354401670.804389.jpg
Old 12-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'm running a single Fostgate 10 as well and couldn't be happier with it. Although I am considering a second one to give a little bit more oomph, but thats the inner child in me missing the 140db stereos I used to run
Old 12-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
Quote:
Amps are old school, they just keep working. Subs run off Fosgate 800h2 and satellites off ancient PPI art series 400.4 I bought in like '92. Only issue with them is they are so big which makes my enclosure a touch on the small side since its all on the back wall. None of its broken so I'm not fixin it.
Attachment 182620
so the P3 rf subs in a 12" are almost too big for behind the seat or what? id prob just run 1 of them
Old 12-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'm running a single Fostgate 10 as well and couldn't be happier with it. Although I am considering a second one to give a little bit more oomph, but thats the inner child in me missing the 140db stereos I used to run
yeah my inner child misses my SPL/SQL comp days!! i had a a Eclipse/kicker setup in a hatchback back in 2000-02 that would hit 151db in SPL mode!! id love to go to a dealer show now days and see how major the car audio world has changed
Old 12-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
j753301 is on a distinguished road
j753301's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Rockford 12" single P3 shallow mount sub and it will fit behind the sat if u cut the plastic or just take it out. I think it sounds great.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
I was running one 12" rockford P3 and the moved to the JL13TW5 and all I can say is WOW! I was originaly running it off an old school Rockford 800a2 then moved to a HD 900/5. The sub hit much better with the old rockford, but I needed the space for an amp to run my highs

Old 12-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

The 13.5" JL's are amazing if you got the cash. Put two in my buddies tundra, wow
Old 12-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #12
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 13.5" JL's are amazing if you got the cash. Put two in my buddies tundra, wow
I was actually pissed they didn't do a "Qform" box with the TW5 for the taco...smh
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #13
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
I was running one 12" rockford P3 and the moved to the JL13TW5 and all I can say is WOW! I was originaly running it off an old school Rockford 800a2 then moved to a HD 900/5. The sub hit much better with the old rockford, but I needed the space for an amp to run my highs

Thats a nice setup you have there. You build it yourself?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #15
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
These are ohhhhh so worth it:

Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
BIGPOPPA is on a distinguished road

Navy: Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman
Name: Jerry
BIGPOPPA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Thats a nice setup you have there. You build it yourself?
X1 million. One of the cleanest set ups I've seen in a taco!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I have had Rockford Fosgates as well. Very impressed and well worth it
X2
Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #19
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Love JL's but refuse to pay the price they charge, over priced for what you are getting.

I have an Alpine Type-R Shallow mount, sounds great in a .60ft sealed box. Seats fold up and down, doesn't rub anywhere and I'm very happy with it. Powered by a Alpine 600watt Mono Amp. Got a deal on this and paid 180$ for the sub, built the box myself. I'm in the process of building a ported box to see how it sounds.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Love JL's but refuse to pay the price they charge, over priced for what you are getting.

I have an Alpine Type-R Shallow mount, sounds great in a .60ft sealed box. Seats fold up and down, doesn't rub anywhere and I'm very happy with it. Powered by a Alpine 600watt Mono Amp. Got a deal on this and paid 180$ for the sub, built the box myself. I'm in the process of building a ported box to see how it sounds.

ive really considered this sub...how about that alpine amp? i want one with a remote bass control knob also