1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sound ordnance b-8pt install question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TwzteD, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Dec 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    TwzteD

TwzteD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    St Lucie Fl
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 reg cab Auto
    2013 4x4 reg cab, 2011 4runner sr5 rims, 265 general grabber at2's, 5100's All 4 corners with fronts at .85, De badged, Egr Rainguards, Led tail lights, Int wipers, fog lights, Trailer Hitch, POwer locks+ keyless entry, Extang Solidfold Bed Cover, WeatherTech Mats, Stubbie Antenna, Trd Skid Plate, Tint, Scanguage, Cargo net in bed, Sound Ordnance B-8PT, FULID FILM Under Coat.
    So i bought the sound ordnance b-8pt and i will be installing it in my truck when i get it, its on its way from the factory, now i know how to run all the wires to battery ground and to speakers but my question is, for the remote wire instead of tapping into the radio remote wire can i simply add a "add a fuse" and put it in one of the 12v fuse slots that has power only when the key is in the on posisition? or do i have to go search for the damn rem wire on the back of the radio? rather not tap into anything i don't absolutely have to, basically like how people wire aftermarket fog light kits, heres a pic... Also should i watch out for anything specific, this is a 2013 and i read on the paper something about airbags deploying.. obvi disconnect the neg batt term but anything else to watch for?

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii583/nitr0pr/Taco/Picture017.jpg

2. Dec 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    trafficmaker

trafficmaker Active Member

Member:
    I ran a 2 pair of speaker wires up the passenger side to tap into back of stereo and the remote wire is right there too. Very easy to get to. Look for my post on my install, may be helpful to you.

Products Discussed in

To Top