Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Can someone explain this to me? Speaker help

Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

sch0enne's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone explain this to me? Speaker help

Hey Guys,

I have owned my truck for about a month now. I noticed when I bought it that some of the speakers where shot. I took the drivers door panel off today to see what I needed to do to fix the problem. Anyways once I removed the speaker I saw what you will see in the pics below.

Anyways I know nothing about speakers. Should I keep this, should I remove this and use the original wiring ect.

thanks in advance for the help.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sch0enne View Post
Hey Guys,

I have owned my truck for about a month now. I noticed when I bought it that some of the speakers where shot. I took the drivers door panel off today to see what I needed to do to fix the problem. Anyways once I removed the speaker I saw what you will see in the pics below.

Anyways I know nothing about speakers. Should I keep this, should I remove this and use the original wiring ect.

thanks in advance for the help.

That looks like a crossover, in which case you have component speakers. It also looks like it has seen better days, you may want to consider going through your whole system.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
Highspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to beholdHighspeed is a splendid one to behold

Highspeed's Tacoma Gallery
That is a Diamond Audio crossover for a system like this:

http://www.diamondaudio.com/products...-series/h600a/

Yours might be different but very similar. Let us know if the rest of the system is with it and what exactly the problems are so we can help you sort it out.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

sch0enne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highspeed View Post
That is a Diamond Audio crossover for a system like this:

http://www.diamondaudio.com/products...-series/h600a/

Yours might be different but very similar. Let us know if the rest of the system is with it and what exactly the problems are so we can help you sort it out.

Yeah I will pull apart the passenger side tomorrow and find out whats there. The speaker on the drivers side was completely shot. So as for replacement speakers I need to buy Component speakers? Or should I just ditch this whole system and start from scratch.

I assume it has been in the truck since it was fairly new
Old 12-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #6
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
May have been, but no way to really know..

You have options..either buy component speakers or just regular ones and ditch the crossover.

I had 6.5 components in my old Colorado. I ran a 90x2 MTX amp on them and they sounded fine but would last about 2 years or so. I went with Rockford Fosgate 6x9 speakers (no tweets) in the Tacoma and they work good. It's just personal preference though.

What are you running for an amp? And head unit?