Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

because I was bored...

Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
because I was bored...

I made a recording of the RIGHT way to make a radio harness...

It's not for a Tacoma, although I've done 2 just like this for my 06 so far.

Nothing special about the video, just building a harness. Some that have never messed with car audio installs may find it useful, most will probably find it useless though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9prNy5dguY
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I hate to say it man, but you just wicked the shit out of those wires, (at least the yellow one I watched). Not the correct method to solder wires. Also, you don't need to twist the wires together when soldering, and you're using way too much solder because of it, which is also going to increase wicking.

Other than that good video.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Actually the stupid wire wouldn't heat up, it really didn't take a whole lot of solder, lol. I need to put a new tip on the iron; this one is shot... that's why some of the joints took longer to make.

I've always twisted loose stranded wire like that to get a good mechanical connection first; the solder more or less just keeps things together, but does so in a conductive manor.