1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to Install a Viper 5704 Alarm/ Remote Start

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Riverdog, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Jun 12, 2014 at 8:38 AM
    Riverdog

Riverdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    Hey Zero. Sorry for the delay. On the very first post of this thread there's an attachment called Viper_5704_Installation_Guide.pdf. If you open it and go to page 12 it tells you the settings for door lock pulses. There are four different settings available. If you want it to unlock the driver's door with one push of the button and unlock the other doors on the second push of the button, I think you'll want to set it to Double Unlock Only. I'm not 100% sure if that's the correct setting, but I'm pretty sure it is.

2. Jun 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    Z E R 0

Z E R 0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4
    Np!! Yes I did that, but now when I unlock the doors, it just unlocks all four door two times with a single click :/ so I don't know what's going on lol

3. Jun 12, 2014 at 7:29 PM
    Riverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    There are four options for pulsing the locks. Here they are:

1. Single: the door lock & unlock outputs will pulse once.
    2. Double Unlock only: the unlock output only will pulse twice.
    3. Double Lock Only: the lock output only will pulse twice.
    4. Double Lock & Unlock: the lock & unlock outputs will pulse twice.
    It sounds like you might have it set to option 3 or 4. Try switching it to option 2. With option 2, you'll hit unlock once and it'll unlock the driver's door. Hit unlock a second time and it'll unlock the other doors. When you hit lock once it'll lock all the doors (and won't try to lock a second time ;)).

4. Jun 28, 2014 at 7:27 PM
    Ernesto4

Ernesto4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Hollywood
    Vehicle:
    15 Tacoma access cab 5 lug SR5
    Where did you put the siren? Can you post a pic because I'm having a hard time deciding where to put mine. Thabks

5. Jun 29, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    Riverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    I put it behind the fuse box. There was plenty of room for it there even with the regular truck's horns relocated to that area too.

6. Aug 13, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    Revelations

Revelations Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB
    Hi Riverdog,

Thanks for all the work you've put in! Has anyone tried to get their viper alarm to use the factory beep when arming/disarming? I haven't purchased my alarm yet, but when I install it, I would like to use the factory beep. I'm guessing it would just mean taking the signal out of the brain and connecting it to the factory wire. I just don't know which one that is. I should get a hold of a circuit diagram.

Thanks!

7. Aug 13, 2014 at 12:56 PM
    Riverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    There is a simple way to program the Viper system to not "chirp" when arming and disarming the system.

In the first post of this thread, look in the attachment titled "Viper_5704_Installation_Guide" on page 12. The last paragraph on that page covers Conformation Chirps. It sounds like you want option three. (Instructions for programing this and other features is on page 11). This will disable the Viper system from "chirping" when you arm and disarm the system. So that takes care of essentially muting the Viper system when you lock and unlock the system.

As for making the factory horn still beep or "chirp" when you arm and disarm the Viper System, I'm not 100% sure what to tell you. Maybe someone else can help out on this one. I think the Viper system automatically cuts out the factory alarm sounds. In that same attachment, check out page 14. There are three menu items (6, 7, and 8) that deal with the OEM alarm. Other than that, I'm at a loss of what to do. You might try posting this same question on www.the12volt.com. You'll more than likely get your exact answer. Sorry I can't be more help.

8. Aug 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    Revelations

Revelations Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB
    No prob :) I have a general idea of how to do it. I thought I had read somewhere that someone on here had done it already.

9. Aug 13, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    TRDh4vok

TRDh4vok Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gil
    Palm Beach County
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD PreRunner Sport
    -4" MaxTrac Spindle lift -5100 RCD Bilstein's -1/2" Strut Spacer driver's side (Taco Lean fix) -1/4" Strut Spacer passenger side (Taco Lean fix) -4" Tapered Blocks -Extended length U bolts -Front Skid Plate -Exhaust Tip -Tube Steps - Silver -Bed Extender -LEER Tonneau Cover -Rampage Roof Cab Lights -Rampage Tailgate Light Bar Six Function SUPERBRITE with Reverse Lights, Running Lights, Brake lights, Emergency Hazard and L & R turn signals -exLED Toyota Tacoma Custom interior LED Light Kit -PIAA Xtreme White Plus head lights and fog lights -NITTO Terra Grapplers 285-70-17 -30" Avec CR-Series Led Light Bar in bumper grill -Two 6.5" Led light bar's attached to the A pillars -Hood hinge bracket mounts from Famous Fabrications -Exhaust muffler Aero Turbine AT2525XL -OEM Roof Racks -OTTRAW Rocker switch -Stant locking gas cap -Large T emblem and mid mount bracket from Diaz Fabrications
  10. Aug 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    DelinquentTaco

DelinquentTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 TRDOFFROAD
    TRD cat-back,TRD CAI,TRD quick shifter,N-fab lightbar & 2 Hella 700ff,AirHorn&compressor&2gal tank, LowRange Offroad leveling kit 3"and1", XDSeries Badlands Chrome 18x9, 285/65/r18 Nitto TrailGrapplers
    Hey I am installing a Viper 4104 and it works but i have a manual and i was wondering if you knew anything about bypassing the clutch?

11. Aug 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    Riverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    I don't know about that. Sorry man.

12. Aug 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM
    Mmchugh

Mmchugh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB SR 4x4
    Anytime foglight mod, plastidipped grill emblem, Weathertech floor liners, Python 4206 remote start

I could tell you what I did but it's not at all the best way. I just jumped the switch at the pedal but there's a way to use a relay. Try the12volt.com

13. Aug 31, 2014 at 4:51 AM
    DelinquentTaco

DelinquentTaco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 TRDOFFROAD
    TRD cat-back,TRD CAI,TRD quick shifter,N-fab lightbar & 2 Hella 700ff,AirHorn&compressor&2gal tank, LowRange Offroad leveling kit 3"and1", XDSeries Badlands Chrome 18x9, 285/65/r18 Nitto TrailGrapplers
    Thanks for the help. I think I'm just gonna put it on my girlfriend's car.

14. Sep 19, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    prowler64

prowler64 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    terry
    Vehicle:
    2013 prerunner limited
    lifted ,tires wheels
    Having problems with remote start on 2013 Tacoma ,a shop installed a python remote start in my truck had problems since day one,everything works like it is supposed to except it will crank for 3-7 seconds before starting.this is too long of a crank time. PLEASE HELP

15. Sep 19, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    Mmchugh

Mmchugh Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB SR 4x4
    Anytime foglight mod, plastidipped grill emblem, Weathertech floor liners, Python 4206 remote start
    If it's cranking then the RS is doing its job. Maybe something to do with the immobilizer bypass?

16. Sep 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    Riverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    Take it back to the place you had it installed. It shouldn't crank for that long.... assuming your truck didn't crank for that long prior to installing the RS.

17. Nov 11, 2014 at 9:04 PM
    mbroughton02

mbroughton02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Cortland, NY
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    OME 884, 5100s, Wheeler's 1.5" Progressive AAL, Firestone Ride Rite, Fisher Homesteader 7'4" Plow, Heated Seats, Viper 5806v Remote Start / Alarm.
    Riverdog, thanks so much for an awesome guide. Over the weekend I installed a Viper 5806V with the Viper (Directed) PKALL bypass in my 2007 DCLB. I never would have been able to do it without your reference sheet, which I imported into Excel and made some changes to because Viper switched around some wiring for the 5806v, and also my bypass was different.

Here were the other major differences in our installs:
    - The door trigger inputs on my 2007 were in the 18 pin plug closer to the center of the fuse box, not the one on the right as indicated. See pic below.
    [​IMG]

- I read on the12volt.com that other Tacoma owners were having a problem with the auto off headlights that the truck is equipped with from the factory. Basically, if the headlights are left on when you shut the truck off, they turn themselves off when you open the driver door. Say you were to lock the truck and later remote start it- the headlights will turn back on. Now, if your remote start runtime either times out, or you end up shutting the truck back off with the remote start, the headlights will stay on, because the truck is waiting for the driver door to open.

Here is the solution from the12volt.com forum member chriswallace187: "If you've used the individual door wires, you'll need to put a diode inline on the driver's door wire going to the fusebox. The striped(cathode) side of the diode must face away from the fusebox; the door input to the alarm must be connected on the striped side, and the factory rearm must be connected on the other side."

I had a hard time wrapping my head around exactly where this would go, considering the 3 diodes already in use for each individual door wire, so I drew myself a diagram of what that would look like. I incorporated this into my wiring, and it works great. Basically, the factory alarm rearm wire off the Viper can trick the truck's ECM into thinking the driver door was opened, and the headlights will turn off. See diagram below.
    [​IMG]

Thanks again, and I would also like to post the updated reference sheet for the newer 5806v alarm and PKALL bypass, but since 95% of the information contained within is yours, I will wait for your permission before doing that.

18. Nov 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM
    Riverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner

Hey man, I've been away from the site for a while. I'll send you a PM with my email address that you can send the updated reference sheet to. I'm glad this guide helped you.

I've run into the issue with the headlights too. I've just gotten into the habit of turning them off when I get out of my truck.

Thanks for making the updated reference sheet!

19. Jan 23, 2015 at 6:45 PM
    warsatan

warsatan New Member

Member:
    RiverDog,

I'm doing a cross reference with your reference sheet for my 2011 Taco. I'm stuck at the H3 Harness, 10-Pin Heavy Gauge Connector. With the 2011 wiring diagram, it shows that :

Vehicle Ignition Wire (+): Blue/Yellow
    Vehicle SECOND Ignition Wire (+): Black/Red ( Is this the same IGNITION 1 Black/Red from your vehicle? )

Same thing with:

Automobile Engine Starter Wire (+): Black/White
    Automobile Second Engine Starter Wire (-): Green/Black ( Is this the same as your STARTER 1 (+) ? )

Thank you for the help.

20. Jan 23, 2015 at 7:18 PM
    Riverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    There will be some differences between my reference sheet because your truck is a 2011. I looked up a 2011 and it looks like those wires are thru correct wires. Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top