Notices

Splitting Rca for second amp

Old 12-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
lashleyftl is on a distinguished road
Navy: AVATION CALIBRATION TECH
Name: Robert
lashleyftl's Tacoma Gallery
Splitting Rca for second amp

I never thought i would need to do this. Ive been building up the system in my dc and was happy for a while but now i need the low end base so im looking at installing two pioneer 8in low pro subs. But i am already running an amp using my two amp out puts out of my head unit. My question is if i was to spilt my rca's would i lose any quality or would i run into any problems the second sub for the amps i will be running a filter to just pass the lows so im not worried about the whole signal reaching the second amp. IF im going to run in to issues what have some of you done to bring more rca's in to the equation. Not looking to get another head unit just thought i would throw that out there.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashleyftl View Post
I never thought i would need to do this. Ive been building up the system in my dc and was happy for a while but now i need the low end base so im looking at installing two pioneer 8in low pro subs. But i am already running an amp using my two amp out puts out of my head unit. My question is if i was to spilt my rca's would i lose any quality or would i run into any problems the second sub for the amps i will be running a filter to just pass the lows so im not worried about the whole signal reaching the second amp. IF im going to run in to issues what have some of you done to bring more rca's in to the equation. Not looking to get another head unit just thought i would throw that out there.
many of the guys that do big install have to split the RCAs up to 10 times on some applications. i have never seen that doing so would lose quality.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
These:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...8062/SFV/30046

Not affiliated with them, found it on Google.

This explains it well..you shouldn't have any issues.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6972686_split-rca-cable.html

Regarding your wish to run a filter for lows only, not sure you have to. Reason I say that is most every amp out there has its own low pass filter. Don't think I've seen a regular amp in 20 plus years that didn't.

Good luck, post up anything else you need here!