Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

USB help

Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
Army: DOD Civilian
Name: Justin
JRFugitt's Tacoma Gallery
USB help

Ok this isn't a Taco question it is for my wife's Rav4. The Rav4 forum is horrible, I installed a Myron and Davis oem looking navigation unit and the aftermarket usb cable is too short to run to the factory location and the factory usb end wont plug into the aftermarket radio. So my question is how would I go about cutting off the factory plug end(radio side) and the aftermarket usb end and wireing the two together? I've found an adapter but there is no reason to spend $70 dollars when I can do it for free! Any help appreciated.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
JRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to beholdJRFugitt is a splendid one to behold
See that's what I'm talking about, a response in less than 5 minutes! Rav4 world take a hint! Any other options? Knowledge on splicing the two together?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRFugitt View Post
See that's what I'm talking about, a response in less than 5 minutes! Rav4 world take a hint! Any other options? Knowledge on splicing the two together?
Or they sell extra long ones. Splicing seems like it would stick out like a sore thumb
Old 12-09-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRFugitt View Post
rav4 world is okay but there are way more forum members here and there aren't many rav owners doing mods. My wife has a 2008 limited V6 but she doesn't want me to touch it.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
A USB extension wont work because the usable und wont have the mounting cage to put it in the factory location and like I said I really dont want to spend the 50 to 70 dollars on the adapter when I assume it can just be splice directly behind the radio in the dash.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
rav4 world is okay but there are way more forum members here and there aren't many rav owners doing mods. My wife has a 2008 limited V6 but she doesn't want me to touch it.
LOL, my wife wants me to make a Limited out of a base and I'm well on my way hence why I haven't touched my Tacoma yet!