Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Text Feature on Factory Radio

Old 12-11-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
hpeeler is on a distinguished road
hpeeler's Tacoma Gallery
Text Feature on Factory Radio

I recently bought an '11 DCLB and it has the factory radio, single CD,
SAT ready, etc. The text feature does not work on radio or cd. Is this a feature that only works on certain systems or do I have a dud?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
Murman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Murman's Tacoma Gallery
The text won't work on radio and will only work on compact disc if it is encoded into the cd itself. Most compact discs don't have this information within them.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, it was a too late to do any good technology. MP3's came out right about the time this feature tried to go mainstream, so it was something that was not considered worth the time by the recording companies. To be honest, I have a couple CD's with it, and it takes more time to push the text button then for me to figure out what song I'm listening to.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
The text won't work on radio and will only work on compact disc if it is encoded into the cd itself. Most compact discs don't have this information within them.
it does work on radio. my buddies 06 does it on certain stations, but my 11 doesnt.
I think it works with the upgraded jbl system but not positive
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
Murman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Murman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeton View Post
it does work on radio. my buddies 06 does it on certain stations, but my 11 doesnt.
I think it works with the upgraded jbl system but not positive
The OP said he has the standard radio. Text does not display with radio stations on this unit.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
The OP said he has the standard radio. Text does not display with radio stations on this unit.
i know, was just stating that thats the unit it works with.
even though the guy i mentioned has the standard unit as well and his works.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like its time for an aftermarket HU