Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

New stereo for 2013 Tacoma, Suggestions Please!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
MediuM is on a distinguished road
MediuM's Tacoma Gallery
New stereo for 2013 Tacoma, Suggestions Please!

Heys guys new to the forum and my first post.
I just purchased a new 2013 Double cab Tacoma a few months back and am going to put a High end, full range stereo system in it. Just need some feedback on what im thinking about Installing. This is what I have in mind so far.

Head unit: http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ive-w535hd

DBL DIN Kit: http://www.metraonline.com/part/95-8235CHG

Speakers Front & Rear:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136C360...io-C3-600.html
(Was thinking about getting a set of these for the front and rear)
or should i go with something different like 6x9 in front "6.5 in back Suggestions?

Amplifier: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136XD70...o-XD700-5.html

SubWoofer: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13612W3...-12W3v3-2.html
(Going to get the 10" or 12" Suggestions? and a box for the backseat)
Or
Stealthbox: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1369431...tealthbox.html
(Ive heard that the sound compared to others isn't as good and its a bit pricey. Suggestions or experience with this?)

Also going to Dynamat all four doors and the backseat panel.
Any feedback is appreciated, just want to make sure all the Components would go good together and are compatible when it comes to Watts and RMS with Speakers, Amp, Sub and Head unit. If you think I should do something different to improve the stereo system let me know. Thanks
Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

Crutchfield is the way to go. I purchased mine through them for my 2011. Also get the steering wheel controller (if the 2013 has steering wheel controls). 120ASWC Metra ASWC Auto Sensing Steering Wheel Cntrl Intrfc
Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold
Name: Shaun
919motoring's Tacoma Gallery
You can do better then JL audio for your money. Look at brands like Hybrid Audio for speakers. Arc audio makes a great amp( can't I wrong with a zef design) addictive audio makes a great sub for getting a little loud and Arc's Arc10 is a grat SQ woofer
Old 01-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
cetacoma is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: Carter
cetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting that same HU and replacing my whole system. Mr Marv is crafting for me one of his legendary sub boxes and I can hardly wait...... '08 DC.

The breakdown: AKA-Master Plan

Raammat and Ensolite all 4 doors and rear panel
Sub box, amp rack and speaker baffles by Mr Marv
HU- Alpine IVE-W535HD
Sub- ARC 10
Amp- ARC XDi805
Spkrs-Front: Hybrid Audio Unity
Rear: Hybrid Audio Mirus

As soon as my sub box arrives I'm goin' to town.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at the Pioneer DEH-80prs. I have been thoroughly impressed with mine.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
ZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919motoring View Post
You can do better then JL audio for your money. Look at brands like Hybrid Audio for speakers. Arc audio makes a great amp( can't I wrong with a zef design) addictive audio makes a great sub for getting a little loud and Arc's Arc10 is a grat SQ woofer
I don't know, I like my JL W3v3. I got the dual 4ohm version, so that I could wire it to 2ohms, and it really puts out the power. For me it was a toss up between the JL and the Alpine type-r. I use it in a SuperCrewSounds sub box with the extra mounting depth, and it fits right in the slot on the back drivers' side area, with a little trimming of the edge of the pass. side storage compartment. Power is great, and it gets loud, low, and clean.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
EMS:
Pre amp output voltage? 2v or 4v?

I wanted to see if anyone knew the true preamp volatage of this unit. Everything says 4v but the manual states it is 2v in the specifications. Also I read a review on Best Buy of the unit and the review stated that the outputs were actually 2v.
What gives Alpine? If this is truly 2v then it is off the list and I'll have to look for something else.
I intend to call Alpine direct on Monday when they ope back up! I'll post back when I get an direct answer.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #8
919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold919motoring is a splendid one to behold
It is 2volt out. Also doesn't have the 24bit d/a. Have to do the INE-s920hd. Don't sweat it to much. 535 still sounds better then any of the pioneer avh-x**** that have 4v outs
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #9
jmaglipay will become famous soon enoughjmaglipay will become famous soon enough
jmaglipay's Tacoma Gallery
Picked up the alpine 535 at best buy 2 months ago. So far I'm pretty impressed. It was 100$ cheaper than Crutchfield. I like how you can control Pandora on the screen wirelessly with an Android phone. Hd radio sounds great and you can get custom sound settings off alpine website.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #10
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan2k2 View Post
I don't know, I like my JL W3v3. I got the dual 4ohm version, so that I could wire it to 2ohms, and it really puts out the power. For me it was a toss up between the JL and the Alpine type-r. I use it in a SuperCrewSounds sub box with the extra mounting depth, and it fits right in the slot on the back drivers' side area, with a little trimming of the edge of the pass. side storage compartment. Power is great, and it gets loud, low, and clean.

I only caution that because I am a car audio shop owner. I was a JL dealer in the past. There is no question that they build some great products. But why buy something that only 60-65% of your money is going toward product and the balance toward marketing? Just my $.02
Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #11
ZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZMan2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
ZMan2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919motoring View Post
I only caution that because I am a car audio shop owner. I was a JL dealer in the past. There is no question that they build some great products. But why buy something that only 60-65% of your money is going toward product and the balance toward marketing? Just my $.02
Maybe it's because we don't get as much choice up here in Canada. I had checked out Sundown Audio when in my planning stage, and the shipping, duties and tax were about as much as the product.

Sometimes I hate living in Canuckistan.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
EMS:
Looked at the INE-s920HD also and it is listed as 2V in the manual. The only two that are listed as 4V are the 927HD and the 928HD.

I guess one of my biggest issues with this is that Alpine is false advertising and that I don't like.

Why also do you think the 535 sounds better than the Pioneer units? Just curious.