Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2013 Vehicle info on none entune????

Old 12-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
MGM Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
MGM Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Vehicle info on non entune????

so i have the non entune headunit and would love to have the vehicle info like fuel milage and tire pressure stuff, is there any way to get that on the regular touch screen? i did search but didnt see much on this
Thanks in advance
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #2

anyone??
Old 12-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
crabmanbc21 is on a distinguished road
crabmanbc21's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to have this info as well. I have the same unit as you do and so far no one seems to know anything.

My owners manual shows a 2013 touch screen non entune model with "Car" info such as trip info, miles till empty, miles traveled, avg MPG, time, distance and ?? When I ask at the dealership they don't know,

I haven't seen a Tacoma with this unit in it yet so I don't know where our manual gets the model from.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
JohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
Guys I'm in the same boat I want that info also I'm thinking of calling toyota themself to see what they say
Old 12-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
ASE Master Tech.
gasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgasgasman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gasgasman's Tacoma Gallery
This feature is not available on the Tacoma. There's no "car" button on the audio unit.

The audio owner's manual that came with the Tacoma is a generic version, used for all of Toyota's vehicles.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
This feature is not available on the Tacoma. There's no "car" button on the audio unit.

The audio owner's manual that came with the Tacoma is a generic version, used for all of Toyota's vehicles.

^^^ thats what i was thinking, im thinking there has to be a way to view the info we just need to figure it out. maybe a call will tell us but if i had to guess they would say it isnt possible that way we would have to buy the entune BS
Old 12-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabmanbc21 View Post
I would like to have this info as well. I have the same unit as you do and so far no one seems to know anything.

My owners manual shows a 2013 touch screen non entune model with "Car" info such as trip info, miles till empty, miles traveled, avg MPG, time, distance and ?? When I ask at the dealership they don't know,

I haven't seen a Tacoma with this unit in it yet so I don't know where our manual gets the model from.

I think those features are for the prius, so yeah just the generic manual for all vehicles.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
how much for the the entune deck? I am in the same boat and would like to see 'car" info
Old 12-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #9

it was a $1500-$2000 option at the dealer so not sure how much to just buy one, I'm still thinking there should be away to get the info on the regular touch screen i just need to look into it more
Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
jake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjake72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jake
jake72's Tacoma Gallery
even if you have entune you still wont get that information.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
87twentytwor is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
87twentytwor's Tacoma Gallery
i wanna figure out how to take the touchscreen out to install a deck..
Old 12-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #12
JohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
here is a great link about the entune

http://www.toyota.com/entune/what-is...ilability.html

Old 12-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #13
mynameistory has a spectacular aura aboutmynameistory has a spectacular aura about
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
So all 13 models and above have the touchscreen standard, whether or not it's JBL/entune equipped? Interesting. What sort of features does this head unit have over the regular (black and white digital) head unit?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #14
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistory View Post
So all 13 models and above have the touchscreen standard, whether or not it's JBL/entune equipped? Interesting. What sort of features does this head unit have over the regular (black and white digital) head unit?
by looking at my owners manual the entune has features like navigation car update IE tire pressure fuel mileage and such things I sent an Email to Toyota asking price and such I'll post the reply went I get it
Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWJ View Post
by looking at my owners manual the entune has features like navigation car update IE tire pressure fuel mileage and such things I sent an Email to Toyota asking price and such I'll post the reply went I get it

Here is the email reply from Toyota

We apologize; the Display Audio with Navigation and Entune option is only available as a factory-installed option at the time of manufacturing. A dealership-installation kit is not available.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #16

Sucks!!!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #17
Goose4793 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
Goose4793's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2013 Tacoma Limited with Entune and it still does not have the vehicle information. The special manual for the Entune only clearly shows a tab on tho touch screen to access this info. When you go to the screen on the vehicle that tab is not present. The dealership is looking into it as I have only had the truck for 4 days. They say according to the manual it should be there . They are baffled.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose4793 View Post
I have a 2013 Tacoma Limited with Entune and it still does not have the vehicle information. The special manual for the Entune only clearly shows a tab on tho touch screen to access this info. When you go to the screen on the vehicle that tab is not present. The dealership is looking into it as I have only had the truck for 4 days. They say according to the manual it should be there . They are baffled.

edited: researching...no idea
Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #19
Agro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud ofAgro has much to be proud of
Agro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameistory View Post
Not sure exactly, but I can say that...
Both bluetooth and wired options (via the USB port) both show my Pandora and Music from my iPhone 5 with Artist, Album and Track information fully. I dont see cutting off short or lack of data. That is a bug plus.

Then the BT phone calls shows the persons name and the red/green buttons to answer, hang up, etc.

I think for stock headunit it is very capable. However, I really want to phase it out and I've only had my truck 5 weeks. The audio quality is subpar.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #20
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agro View Post
The audio quality is subpar.
all you need is an amp to improve the sound...the stock
headunit is underpowered, but the sound is actually good. just no power

of course if you want better than that, new system. but pretty good results
can be had by adding an 'amp only' to the stock head and speakers