Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Cheap (yet decent) double-din option (couple of pics)

Old 12-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
Cheap (yet decent) double-din option (couple of pics)

I figured some folks here might find this useful. My '01 is my winter car/project truck, and it came with the stock deck with just a tape deck. Since my old Skid Row tapes are long gone, I wanted a cheap double din solution that would charge my iPhone.

I put in this Kenwood tonight and for $150 it's a heck of a good deal. Charges my phone, plays straight from an iPod/iPhone or USB MP3 player, and has a ton of illumination options. And since the stock deck is double din as well, all I needed was a wiring harness. Took all of 10 minutes to install, and I tied some of those cheap Autozone LED light strips into the illumination wire and ran them to the footwells. (They're nowhere near as bright as the pics make it seem).

The best part about it is that I finally have a clock I can see while driving. Good stuff.

Pardon the dark/flashlight pics, heh.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Phoenix13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Raul
Phoenix13's Tacoma Gallery
Looks real good, hope to have the same deck by mid january.