Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2011 JBL stereo and bluetooth questions

Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

Name: Cory
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
Talking 2011 JBL stereo and bluetooth questions

I've done a bit of searching already, but hoping a few of you Taco owners could help me out with some details and information so I don't have to scour the internet for hours and hours.

I just got the 2011 TRD off road 4x4 with the JBL stereo. I have bluetooth, SAT radio, XM and everything but trying to learn more about the bluetooth and such. I'm sure I'll figure out more as I mess with it but can anyone clear up questions.

Can I stream music over bluetooth with the 2011 JBL stereo? I have an iPod Touch I can use bluetooth win, or my Galaxy Nexus Android phone as well, but I've been reading Android isn't quite as easy as iPhones. Any details and tips on bluetooth functions, features, and limitations on the 2011 would be amazingly helpful.

thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
You can stream through your aux input with android or iphone 5...4g would be necessary though, not sure 3g(iphone 4s, 4, 3) would be adequate for Pandora, etc...
Old 12-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

Thanks for the reply. I know I can do that, but I'd prefer to do it all wireless for obvious reasons. I've used Bluetooth for my audio for the past 3 years on my old truck and was sad to be having such a hard time getting it to work on a 2011.

So I've read here that iPhones have better luck with bluetooth audio. So I pulled out my iPod Touch on iOS 5 and my truck won't find it either. I was hoping to pair it as a phone and just stream my music from my ipod. Hoping someone has some suggestions for me.

Otherwise AUX will be what I use for now. Til I make some changes.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
No. The bluetooth does not support A2DP.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
First time Taco

Thanks Dexterdog. Yup that's what I'm finding. The stock 2011 does not support A2DP which is required to streaming audio over bluetooth. So I can either replace the bluetooth, or just use wired 3.5mm AUX port instead. The bluetooth only works for hands-free calling.

That's such an easy and simple feature, really amazes me that it isn't included on a 2011 with premium JBL sound.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
randyoaks187 is on a distinguished road
randyoaks187's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if you can you drop in a 2012 JBL head unit to add stereo Bluetooth with out doing anything else?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
JayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to beholdJayAre is a splendid one to behold
JayAre's Tacoma Gallery
Is your phone rooted? I have a 2013 so I know it's a different radio, but I also have a Galaxy Nexus. I was annoyed with not being able to see track info on my deck...what I found out was that with android 4.2.2 they changed some Bluetooth stuff for the worse. I rooted and flashed Cyanogenmod 10.0 (10.1 is the newest one, but it didn't work) and now I get track info. I also connect to the radio much quicker and more reliably. It also sounds WAY better.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
My iPhone plays wireless through the Bluetooth . But entune does not , you have to listen to pandora as it were a normal aux plug in . Keep in mind you lose some quality through Bluetooth but unless your a audio or bass junkie you won't notice .