1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 JBL stereo and bluetooth questions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by xguntherc, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Dec 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM
    xguntherc

xguntherc [OP] Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    I've done a bit of searching already, but hoping a few of you Taco owners could help me out with some details and information so I don't have to scour the internet for hours and hours.

I just got the 2011 TRD off road 4x4 with the JBL stereo. I have bluetooth, SAT radio, XM and everything but trying to learn more about the bluetooth and such. I'm sure I'll figure out more as I mess with it but can anyone clear up questions.

Can I stream music over bluetooth with the 2011 JBL stereo? I have an iPod Touch I can use bluetooth win, or my Galaxy Nexus Android phone as well, but I've been reading Android isn't quite as easy as iPhones. Any details and tips on bluetooth functions, features, and limitations on the 2011 would be amazingly helpful.

thanks!

2. Dec 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    "OLYMPIC VIEW"

"OLYMPIC VIEW" Well-Known Member

Member:
    WHIDBEY ISLAND, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT D/C LB...1987 SR-5 4WD XCAB
    You can stream through your aux input with android or iphone 5...4g would be necessary though, not sure 3g(iphone 4s, 4, 3) would be adequate for Pandora, etc...

3. Dec 20, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    xguntherc

xguntherc [OP] Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Icon Stage 5, Nexen Roadian MTX, Fuel KB43 Block wheels, Baja Design XL 80s, Baja Squad Pro WC fogs, TacoVinyl grill, "dudebro" lights, Prinsu rack, trail rash pinstripes, BAMF hybrid bumper, sliders, and LCA skids, and a few other things I can't think of.
    Thanks for the reply. I know I can do that, but I'd prefer to do it all wireless for obvious reasons. I've used Bluetooth for my audio for the past 3 years on my old truck and was sad to be having such a hard time getting it to work on a 2011.

So I've read here that iPhones have better luck with bluetooth audio. So I pulled out my iPod Touch on iOS 5 and my truck won't find it either. I was hoping to pair it as a phone and just stream my music from my ipod. Hoping someone has some suggestions for me.

Otherwise AUX will be what I use for now. Til I make some changes.

4. Dec 20, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    No. The bluetooth does not support A2DP.

5. Dec 21, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    xguntherc

xguntherc [OP] Taco Time

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    East Dallas
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off Road - Black
    Thanks Dexterdog. Yup that's what I'm finding. The stock 2011 does not support A2DP which is required to streaming audio over bluetooth. So I can either replace the bluetooth, or just use wired 3.5mm AUX port instead. The bluetooth only works for hands-free calling.

That's such an easy and simple feature, really amazes me that it isn't included on a 2011 with premium JBL sound.

6. Jul 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    randyoaks187

randyoaks187 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab PreRunner TRD Sport
    Anyone know if you can you drop in a 2012 JBL head unit to add stereo Bluetooth with out doing anything else?

7. Jul 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    JayAre

JayAre Well-Known Member

Member:
    OR
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCLB
    Is your phone rooted? I have a 2013 so I know it's a different radio, but I also have a Galaxy Nexus. I was annoyed with not being able to see track info on my deck...what I found out was that with android 4.2.2 they changed some Bluetooth stuff for the worse. I rooted and flashed Cyanogenmod 10.0 (10.1 is the newest one, but it didn't work) and now I get track info. I also connect to the radio much quicker and more reliably. It also sounds WAY better.

8. Jul 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    TRD Toy85

TRD Toy85 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    loaded 2013 TRD sport
    My iPhone plays wireless through the Bluetooth . But entune does not , you have to listen to pandora as it were a normal aux plug in . Keep in mind you lose some quality through Bluetooth but unless your a audio or bass junkie you won't notice .

Products Discussed in

To Top