Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2013 radio into a 2012 help!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha, do you have part numbers for the r-15 and antenna adaptor?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #22
Woah! How did that get here?
EFalco50 will become famous soon enoughEFalco50 will become famous soon enough
Name: Ethan
EFalco50's Tacoma Gallery
Hey would you happen to know if a 2012 base radio is plug and play with a 2012 base touch radio? like this one perhaps? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tacom...014671&vxp=mtr
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #23
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFalco50 View Post
Hey would you happen to know if a 2012 base radio is plug and play with a 2012 base touch radio? like this one perhaps? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tacom...014671&vxp=mtr
I think you'll have the same problem as OP's
Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #24
Well after looking around i noticed that antenna plug is different, so it leads me to suspect the radio on that link is for a 2013? Im just trying to put a factory touch screen inplace of a stock radio. Im not gonna mess with it if its just going to cause me a headache lol
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #25
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFalco50 View Post
Well after looking around i noticed that antenna plug is different, so it leads me to suspect the radio on that link is for a 2013? Im just trying to put a factory touch screen inplace of a stock radio. Im not gonna mess with it if its just going to cause me a headache lol
I'm on the same boat. I've been wanting one for awhile but after seeing this thread, I think I'll pass haha
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #26
Yep haha
Old 02-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #27
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 13 installed in my 12. I dont have use of my bluetooth and my steering wheels controls. To get these to work you need to build a harness and cut your original wiring. This is something I am not going to do so I am using it as is!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #28
galveznano is on a distinguished road
Name: Leo
galveznano's Tacoma Gallery
just go to any stereo install store and buy the antenna adapter, I just picked one up for 15 bucks and you have to wire a lil blue wire to power, as for the antenna I mean,,, the usb and steering controls are still no go as of yet,,, btw im doing the exact same mod on my 2012,, bull shit Toyota dropped the ball on changing stupid conectors for the same exact functions
Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #29
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
He bought it online...and doesn't have the radio anymore
Old 12-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #32
rican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrican taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired Aircraft Structural Mechanic
Name: Eddie
rican taco's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, I just did this change on my 2012 truck. I only needed two wiring harnesses for the install the PT546-00120CH (28 pin to 20) and the antenna adaptor that i got from Best Buy for 12 dollars. Everything is Plug and play. My truck came stock with the phone mic already installed. I will get back in a few days to update everyone.

Got to see if I can get the Sirius to work I don't think the 13 came with.
Also I'm not sure if the steering wheel phone prompt works on the 13.

PT546-00120-CH

antenna adaptor

2012 stock radio with sirius radio and hands free phone

2013 touch screen
Old 02-18-2014, 02:52 PM   #33
It works if you work it.
fbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant futurefbconvert has a brilliant future

Name: Brian
fbconvert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post

only problem is the pins with wiring...1 pin with wire costs me $11 from toyota which is stupid, thats why im waiting for a friend of mine to let me come over and yank the stop plugs from his 07 radio because his is totaled...granted the plugs i am getting arent the same as the new radio but all i want the the actual pins and wires
If you don't want to purchase the PT546-00120-CH harness I think you can get the 28 pin plug from TE.com for free.

If you got to TE.com register and make an account, you can request free samples.

Search for the part number 1717115-1. I believe this is the R15 connector used in the 2013 built in amp head unit. While you are at it search TE part number 1674311-2, which I believe are the pins for the R15 connector (in case you mess any of them up while removing them from your 2012 connectors. I found that using a safety pin or a heavy sowing needle works best for removing the pins.

I just ordered mine so I will confirm if it works once it arrive.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #34
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconvert View Post
If you don't want to purchase the PT546-00120-CH harness I think you can get the 28 pin plug from TE.com for free.

If you got to TE.com register and make an account, you can request free samples.

Search for the part number 1717115-1. I believe this is the R15 connector used in the 2013 built in amp head unit. While you are at it search TE part number 1674311-2, which I believe are the pins for the R15 connector (in case you mess any of them up while removing them from your 2012 connectors. I found that using a safety pin or a heavy sowing needle works best for removing the pins.

I just ordered mine so I will confirm if it works once it arrive.

Ah I already change out the radio for a 2014 entune plus with navi non jbl...got that covered differently lol