Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2013 radio into a 2012 help!

Old 12-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
2013 radio into a 2012 help!

So I bought a 2013 radio thinking it was a pnp into my 2012 but its not. Three of the connectors don't match up. Also on the back of the 2013 there is no attenna hookup. Anyone have any input or help? Thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah let me go take some
Old 12-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
its not going to be plug and play..even with the base model touch screen non entune ask me how i know
when you hold the radio looking at the back, that long 2 pin thing plug is the antenna plug, they changed it this year
Old 12-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post

The one marked r17 is one I got today I'm waiting on the plug next to it (28 pin R15)
And the bottom one marked USB I had laying around...
Ill post pics of the part numbers tomorrow

see post above from my thread...the antenna plug is different.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #7

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
lol, i just order an antenna plug hoping its the right one this time...i had ordered a lexus one from online but it wasnt the same, also waiting on this totaled tacoma to get the radio pins from to wire up back up cam/usb port ext.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Radio

2013 Radio

Connectors

Connectors not used.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #9

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
yup, its alot more work than just plug and play...
Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Thought it would be easy because its just like the 2012
Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
What is the RIG - Control blue?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #12

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knine00 View Post
Thought it would be easy because its just like the 2012
on the outside it looks clean...but on the back, the pre12s are almost the same
still working on mine since im missing the pins for the new plugs (i got those at toyota)

Quote:
What is the RIG - Control blue?
my bad, its stands for R-15 thats the name for that specific plug and blue is for bluetooth...i just needed a quick guidance when i was checking what was what
Old 12-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #13
Say hello to my little truck!
6gearsofv6fury will become famous soon enough6gearsofv6fury will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
6gearsofv6fury's Tacoma Gallery
That's a bunch of crap. I was gonna try and get a 2013 stereo for my 2012 also. Why would they leave everything else the same but change the plugs? Makes no sense.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #14
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
So you got the plugs from toyota to match up?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #15

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6gearsofv6fury View Post
That's a bunch of crap. I was gonna try and get a 2013 stereo for my 2012 also. Why would they leave everything else the same but change the plugs? Makes no sense.
yup some people where saying the same

Quote:
So you got the plugs from toyota to match up?
yup...that r15 plug and that other "cam r 17"

only problem is the pins with wiring...1 pin with wire costs me $11 from toyota which is stupid, thats why im waiting for a friend of mine to let me come over and yank the stop plugs from his 07 radio because his is totaled...granted the plugs i am getting arent the same as the new radio but all i want the the actual pins and wires
Old 12-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #16
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a wiring diagram and can you just take the wires out of the old connectors and install them on the new connectors?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #17
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a part number for that r-15 connector?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #18

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you have a wiring diagram and can you just take the wires out of the old connectors and install them on the new connectors?
ill have to check where my schematics are for these radios

you can, but im a person that doesnt like cutting off my stock stuff in case i decide to sell the radio (which i eventually will since im adding a Lowrance in place later down the road)
Old 12-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #19
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I am the same way so how are you doing it then?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #20

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am the same way so how are you doing it then?
waiting on a day my friends free and using the pins from his truck on the new plugs needed on the new radio...patience lol