Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Coaxial Speakers for 2013 DC

Old 12-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
MediuM is on a distinguished road
MediuM's Tacoma Gallery
Coaxial Speakers for 2013 DC

I have a 2013 Tacoma DC and need to find out what my options are for rear door speakers. I'm putting in 110w component 6.5" speakers in front and would like to put a coaxial speaker in rear. Will this work with an adapter or do i have to trim the door panels?

I'm also thinking about Alpine SPR speakers, are these any good? I've heard they need to make better speakers ext... Alpine makes a 51/4" inch component that is a factory replacement but would like to stick with a 63/4" coaxial or a 6.5" component if i can do so.

Any feedback or recommendation on speaker options would be much appreciated, Thanks.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'd recommend the farm brand russet potato. Its about as effective as any high end speaker would be in the rear positions, considering with a decent set of components up front, you'd never know they were there.

Mine are currently disconnected and I can't even tell they're gone.

All this advice could only make sense if you are drunk though... idk.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
MediuM is on a distinguished road
MediuM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'd recommend the farm brand russet potato. Its about as effective as any high end speaker would be in the rear positions, considering with a decent set of components up front, you'd never know they were there.

Mine are currently disconnected and I can't even tell they're gone.

All this advice could only make sense if you are drunk though... idk.

Thanks brian for the response but i have a 2013 four door double cab. I'm guessing your talking about your access cab speakers?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Most people focus on front staging like when you are at a concert...you see all the speakers up front and none in the back. Its your truck. I run two sets of JL Audio ZR components in my ext cab front and rear and 3 sets of tweeters.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
X2. I wouldn't even worry about the rear speakers. Focus on the front stage. That's all you need in a truck.