Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Focal 165 VB Amplifier Question

Old 12-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
theUtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
theUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Focal 165 VB Amplifier Question

I plan on buying a set of focal VB components 6.5" for the front and getting a lesser set that will run off the head unit for the rear. My question is what 4 channel amplifier would best suit my need if I plan on getting something like a JL 10W3? Any help would be appreciated
Old 12-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Are you just running the 4 channel for the front components and eventually the sub?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Ya that's what I plan on doing. For my taste I think powering the rear speakers by an amp would be pointless and I would prefer to have only one amp for space concerns.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I like the JL Audio HD600/4 or Alpine PDX-F6. I ran the HD600/4 with two sets of JL Audio XR components and a 12W3V3.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
Those are a little bit higher than my budget but I'll have to see how much money I have left over. Thanks though
Old 12-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theUtaco View Post
Those are a little bit higher than my budget but I'll have to see how much money I have left over. Thanks though
Go with this:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FSFyQgod-2oATA
Old 12-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #7
That's perfect thank you!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #8
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
If you get that amp just make sure you buy a subwoofer with a final impedance of 2ohms. That means either a single coil 2ohm sub or a dual 4ohm sub with the coils in parallel.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
If you get that amp just make sure you buy a subwoofer with a final impedance of 2ohms. That means either a single coil 2ohm sub or a dual 4ohm sub with the coils in parallel.
Will do and on a side note just scored some focal ps165s for $230