Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

2012 oem stereo wiring

Old 12-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
2012 oem stereo wiring

Can anyone confirm what wires to tap into for installing a http://www.kicker.com/hideaway Kicker Hideaway sub with a factory head unit in my 12 access cab offroad no entune. I've got my wires routed to the back of the hu. Need to know which wire to use for my remote turn on and which wires are the appropriate speaker wires. I think I've got the speaker wires isolated but would love to confirm this if anyone has any experience. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post
Can anyone confirm what wires to tap into for installing a http://www.kicker.com/hideaway Kicker Hideaway sub with a factory head unit in my 12 access cab offroad no entune. I've got my wires routed to the back of the hu. Need to know which wire to use for my remote turn on and which wires are the appropriate speaker wires. I think I've got the speaker wires isolated but would love to confirm this if anyone has any experience. Thanks.
this will probably be no help to you, but two stereo shops hooked up amps on my older tacomas through the left rear speaker wires when i kept the stock head unit. i didn't like doing that and the sound was crap. hopefully someone on here knows better, since i have my amp and sub in the garage ready to go if there is a better way to do it.

edit: is that a sub/amp in one? that's pretty cool, i might look into getting one.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
this will probably be no help to you, but two stereo shops hooked up amps on my older tacomas through the left rear speaker wires when i kept the stock head unit. i didn't like doing that and the sound was crap. hopefully someone on here knows better, since i have my amp and sub in the garage ready to go if there is a better way to do it.

Yeah, I know this will be sub par. It's only temporary until I settle on an aftermarket Nav head unit. Still researching the right hu, too many options and TW opinions. And $.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsc View Post
maybe this will help.. found it online.. its for 2012 stanard audio system (non jbl)

Cool, where'd you find this?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
here this is what i used for my 13' when i did my sub install but i used the sound ordnance b-8pt, the chart is 100% correct
Attached Thumbnails
2012 oem stereo wiring-stereodiagram.gif  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzteD View Post
here this is what i used for my 13' when i did my sub install but i used the sound ordnance b-8pt, the chart is 100% correct
That's what I was looking for, plain and simple. Thanks a million.