Notices

Antenna bolt keeps backing out...

Old 01-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
BBJ285 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Volunteer
Name: John
BBJ285's Tacoma Gallery
Antenna bolt keeps backing out...

I have a Firestik "non-ground plane" cb antenna on my fiberglass topper/camper shell. It's mounted on a medium duty spring, the bolt goes through the fiberglass then screws into the spring. My question is, the fiberglass was to thick to use the lock washer that comes with the kit, so can I use thred locker to keep the bolt from backing out without affecting the signal? Or...should I get a little longer bolt?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJ285 View Post
I have a Firestik "non-ground plane" cb antenna on my fiberglass topper/camper shell. It's mounted on a medium duty spring, the bolt goes through the fiberglass then screws into the spring. My question is, the fiberglass was to thick to use the lock washer that comes with the kit, so can I use thred locker to keep the bolt from backing out without affecting the signal? Or...should I get a little longer bolt?

Get a longer bolt and use lock-tite on it.