Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Removing metal brackets from factory headunit.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
szetor is on a distinguished road
Name: Randy
szetor's Tacoma Gallery
Removing metal brackets from factory headunit.

I want to try the metal brackets instead of the plastic ones that came with the Scosche dash kit. Each bracket is held in by 4 phillips screws, I can't seem to get any of the screws to budge. I almost stripped one of them trying.

Anyone else run into this problem??
Old 01-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
They come loose easy with a socket and ratchet and this is why the scosche kit sucks. it's cheap and flimsy.You need to get the metra kit instead.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
szetor's Tacoma Gallery
Doh! Why didn't I think of that..

Thanks, I will give that a shot
Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 AM   #4
Beach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to beholdBeach Taco is a splendid one to behold

Beach Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Buzz gots it right. 10mm socket and ratchet.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
szetor's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up using the plastic brackets. I didn't have it installed properly in the first place as it was too dark.

I snapped the tabs into place and it is a very tight fit now.