Notices

A plea: Your old JBL head unit

Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
astropoverty is on a distinguished road
Marines:
astropoverty's Tacoma Gallery
A plea: Your old JBL head unit

Hi folks,

I am trying desperately to install an aftermarket pioneer unit into a 2009 Tacoma with JBL. Of course, to do this, I am using a PAC-TATO to interface directly with the factory amp and speakers. Step 1 in this process is to use the existing head unit to turn the volume up to at least 3/4 of full volume. I called PAC and verified this is true...

Unfortunately, my head unit has failed and I am unable to do this. I have called every Toyota dealership in Austin, TX to ask if they happen to have a unit they can use to adjust my volume... no luck.

So... I am down to 2 options:

1.) Find an old JBL head unit, plug it in temporarily and adjust the volume. I would prefer this right now.
2.) Bypass the amp: Run new speaker wire to the doors, power the speakers from the pioneer head unit. I would not prefer to do this right now.

I know this is a long shot... but if there is anyone in the Austin, TX area that would be willing to let me borrow an old JBL head unit or even outside of austin and I will pay you for any shipping, plus some nominal gratuity charge, I would appreciate it.

Please PM me if you can help...

Ken
Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Call that number it's sonicelectronix.com. They have helped me with installs and are purely awsome. If they ask just say you bought it from them. Also they have great prices hard to find cheaper.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
astropoverty is on a distinguished road
Marines:
astropoverty's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies... I was able to get my volume up sufficiently to install with the PAC-TATO.