LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

New 2013 Kenwood In-Dash Navigation Info

Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #41
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJumper14 View Post
You should be able to update it still. I grounded the parking brake wire on my 890hd and have no trouble updating. download the file from Kenwoodusa.com, unzip the file and every file it shows put in the root directory on your usb card. Make sure the usb memory card has nothing else on it. Format it before moving the unzipped files to it. When I installed the updates it took a long time. 10+ minutes.
Will try this agan tomorrow. Do you remember how many files were unzipped?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #42
DirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud ofDirtJumper14 has much to be proud of
DirtJumper14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozer View Post
Will try this agan tomorrow. Do you remember how many files were unzipped?
Will look like this. Put every single file in the root directory on the usb. 20 total. Accidentally saved it in my gopro update folder so don't worry about what the directory says.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:17 AM   #43
CircuitBreaker is a splendid one to beholdCircuitBreaker is a splendid one to beholdCircuitBreaker is a splendid one to beholdCircuitBreaker is a splendid one to beholdCircuitBreaker is a splendid one to beholdCircuitBreaker is a splendid one to beholdCircuitBreaker is a splendid one to behold

Name: Stephen
CircuitBreaker's Tacoma Gallery
Ah...XP!

I have the DNN-990HD. It's a nice unit but it has some issues here and there. About a month ago, the Navigation shortcut in the top row of the home screen simply disappeared - as if I had deleted it. And occasionally, none of the controls on the unit would work. Then, if I selected Navigation from the button on the bottom row of the deck, I would just get a black/blank screen. I ended up having to re-install the latest update. So far, everything is still working as it should.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #44
Yaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shedYaozer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtJumper14 View Post
Will look like this. Put every single file in the root directory on the usb. 20 total. Accidentally saved it in my gopro update folder so don't worry about what the directory says.

Thank you for that walk through. Got it updated tonight!
Old 11-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #45
ffbartlett is on a distinguished road

ffbartlett's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever done a full review on this unit? I am considering getting one.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #46
Yaozer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffbartlett View Post
Anyone ever done a full review on this unit? I am considering getting one.

Overall, the DNX890 is a good unit. This is my first double din with a GPS, but I was pleased overall. The GPS is a little off at times. It doesn't recognize certain addresses that I know exist. It will instead route me to places right next door to the POI. Odd.

I should also say that I'm on my second unit. I purchased the unit from Crutchfield; the first one they sent was glitchy and all it would freeze quite a bit. Also, some features like Bluetooth would work intermittently or not at all. After troubleshooting, they sent me a second new unit for free. Then the mic went bad a few weeks later. So after troubleshooting with Crutchfield again, they sent me a new mic and everything has worked fine since. Gotta love Crutchfield for product support.

It plays all the media you could dream of, probably more so than the average person needs. You can really fine tune the audio and there are a number of ways you can play with the soundstage. Again, lots of bells and whistles.

The one thing I can't get to work is the voice recognition. It always seem to misdial people in my phone book. Oh well.

If I had to do it again, I might have gone with another unit. It's a good unit, but it just has more stuff than necessary.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #47
ffbartlett is on a distinguished road

ffbartlett's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozer View Post
Overall, the DNX890 is a good unit. This is my first double din with a GPS, but I was pleased overall. The GPS is a little off at times. It doesn't recognize certain addresses that I know exist. It will instead route me to places right next door to the POI. Odd.

I should also say that I'm on my second unit. I purchased the unit from Crutchfield; the first one they sent was glitchy and all it would freeze quite a bit. Also, some features like Bluetooth would work intermittently or not at all. After troubleshooting, they sent me a second new unit for free. Then the mic went bad a few weeks later. So after troubleshooting with Crutchfield again, they sent me a new mic and everything has worked fine since. Gotta love Crutchfield for product support.

It plays all the media you could dream of, probably more so than the average person needs. You can really fine tune the audio and there are a number of ways you can play with the soundstage. Again, lots of bells and whistles.

The one thing I can't get to work is the voice recognition. It always seem to misdial people in my phone book. Oh well.

If I had to do it again, I might have gone with another unit. It's a good unit, but it just has more stuff than necessary.

Thanks YAOZER, i appreciate your info on this. Sounds like a good system
Old 01-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #48
love4steel is on a distinguished road
love4steel's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE: my DNX690 S*%# the bed the other day after having it 9 months..the GPS was all out of whack and everything was laggy ... So I brought it in and the installer called kenwood (after trying firmware) and kenwood asked for serial #, apparently early serial #'s are having a problem that can't be fixed, so they sent me out a brand new unit with updated hardware. The new one works so much better, snappier. Just a heads up.