1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Satellite radio mode (non JBL) radio issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by FgReed, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jan 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    FgReed

FgReed [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hi All,
    I accidentally posted this in the 2nd Gen. Tacoma forum, so i've asked if a Mod could remove and i'm reposting this here.

I'm relatively new to the forum and haven't posted much yet, but I sure have been reading a bunch. I got my instructions on how to install my blu logic from here as well as my sirius satellite.

I've got a 2009 Tacoma TRD Sport with the am-sat option on the truck. I used the SCC1 tuner along with the TOY-SC1 module and the shark fin adapter. Everything typically works great, but I have noticed that sometimes when i get in the truck and start it that the Sat on the radio doesn't come on. It only comes on as AM If i turn off the truck and start it again, the SAT usually comes on and works fine after that.
    Does this make sense? I'm not sure what would cause this?
    Any idea's?

Thanks in advance, and I am looking forward to spending a lot of time on these forums. The info you all have on here is fantastic.

Geoff

2. Jan 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    hmmmm... weird problem the only thing i can think of to do is unplug the sat unit and let it sit for a minute or two so it will reset.. sorry i wish i had an answer for you but start there and lets see if this fixes the problem..

3. Jan 18, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    FgReed

FgReed [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hey there,
    Thanks for the response. I tried that and it still does it, but i have done a bit more trouble shooting. I've discovered that if i have the radio on FM when i turn the car off, the next time i get in and turn the car on and go to switch over to SAT, it doesn't come on. I only get the AM If i pull over though and turn the truck off and then immediately start it again then the SAT will work. Also the SAT always comes on no problem if it's in SAT mode when i shut the truck off and then next time i drive it's fine as long as it's in SAT mode when i shut it off. Weird.....

4. Jan 18, 2013 at 5:57 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    I installed my sat radio to the stock head unit about 2 years ago and it works fine. I would try and check a the connections.

Products Discussed in

To Top