Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Satellite radio mode (non JBL) radio issues

Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
FgReed is on a distinguished road
FgReed's Tacoma Gallery
Satellite radio mode (non JBL) radio issues

Hi All,
I accidentally posted this in the 2nd Gen. Tacoma forum, so i've asked if a Mod could remove and i'm reposting this here.

I'm relatively new to the forum and haven't posted much yet, but I sure have been reading a bunch. I got my instructions on how to install my blu logic from here as well as my sirius satellite.

I've got a 2009 Tacoma TRD Sport with the am-sat option on the truck. I used the SCC1 tuner along with the TOY-SC1 module and the shark fin adapter. Everything typically works great, but I have noticed that sometimes when i get in the truck and start it that the Sat on the radio doesn't come on. It only comes on as AM If i turn off the truck and start it again, the SAT usually comes on and works fine after that.
Does this make sense? I'm not sure what would cause this?
Any idea's?

Thanks in advance, and I am looking forward to spending a lot of time on these forums. The info you all have on here is fantastic.

Geoff
Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmm... weird problem the only thing i can think of to do is unplug the sat unit and let it sit for a minute or two so it will reset.. sorry i wish i had an answer for you but start there and lets see if this fixes the problem..
Old 01-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
FgReed is on a distinguished road
FgReed's Tacoma Gallery
Hey there,
Thanks for the response. I tried that and it still does it, but i have done a bit more trouble shooting. I've discovered that if i have the radio on FM when i turn the car off, the next time i get in and turn the car on and go to switch over to SAT, it doesn't come on. I only get the AM If i pull over though and turn the truck off and then immediately start it again then the SAT will work. Also the SAT always comes on no problem if it's in SAT mode when i shut the truck off and then next time i drive it's fine as long as it's in SAT mode when i shut it off. Weird.....
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #4
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my sat radio to the stock head unit about 2 years ago and it works fine. I would try and check a the connections.