LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Galaxy S3 & USB Problem

Old 01-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
Galaxy S3 & USB Problem

Just got my Galaxy S3 and tried to use it via the USB port in my 2012 TRD Sport. The a/v display threw an error message to the effect that "the unit connected to the USB port draws too much power - shutting off the unit".

Anyone else had this issue come up?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bueller...?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have the stock radio to test but I don't think Android USB plays well with the stock radio.

Are you trying to just stream music with it or video?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
Rich1790 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Rich
Rich1790's Tacoma Gallery
I havent tried a USB but an Aux cable works fine as well as bluetooth.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Assimilated

An Aux cable won't give you stereo - correct? And, with the Entune-equipped unit when using Bluetooth I have to choose between phone and music.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
You mean music has to be turned off in order to take or make a phone call? That happens on the phone end, not the blue tooth side of things

An aux cable will give you music.

edit: but I have no info as to your usb power hog problem, sorry Maybe to into power save mode on the phone?
Old 01-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #8
Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
You mean music has to be turned off in order to take or make a phone call? That happens on the phone end, not the blue tooth side of things
The head unit in the truck gives me a choice: I can connect the phone via bluetooth for phone use or music. Not both.

Quote:
An aux cable will give you music.
Isn't it mono and not stereo? That'd just suck - I'm a music geek.

Quote:
edit: but I have no info as to your usb power hog problem, sorry Maybe to into power save mode on the phone?
I'm running the phone in power save mode already.

Sorry it took so long to reply, it's been crazy at work.... thanks all.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsc View Post
never heard of this problem with the usb... but if you hook it up through btooth it sould atomatically turn the sound off for the phone calls like TeamSarcasm said that is on the phone side of things...
When I have my iTouch plugged in to the USB (for music) and I get a phone call (bluetooth), it interrupts the music like it should. When I try to use the phone as my music server too is when things go south on me.