1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Galaxy S3 & USB Problem

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by On An Island, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jan 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    On An Island

On An Island [OP] Assimilated

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Houston-ish
    Vehicle:
    '12 Black 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5160 reservoir rear shocks, Bilstein 5100 height-adjustable front shocks, SuperSpring SSA19 leafs, Westin bull bar, KC Apollo Pro 6" spotlights, Leer 100XQ cap, K&N air filter, AntennaX 13" Euro antenna, tailgate washers, spare tire tool guide, Console Vault, FJ silver wheel caps
    Just got my Galaxy S3 and tried to use it via the USB port in my 2012 TRD Sport. The a/v display threw an error message to the effect that "the unit connected to the USB port draws too much power - shutting off the unit".

Anyone else had this issue come up? :confused:

2. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM
    On An Island

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Houston-ish
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5160 reservoir rear shocks, Bilstein 5100 height-adjustable front shocks, SuperSpring SSA19 leafs, Westin bull bar, KC Apollo Pro 6" spotlights, Leer 100XQ cap, K&N air filter, AntennaX 13" Euro antenna, tailgate washers, spare tire tool guide, Console Vault, FJ silver wheel caps
    Bueller...?

3. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    I don't have the stock radio to test but I don't think Android USB plays well with the stock radio.

Are you trying to just stream music with it or video?

4. Jan 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM
    Rich1790

Rich1790 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD SPORT
    Rims, Tints, Weather Techs
    I havent tried a USB but an Aux cable works fine as well as bluetooth.

5. Jan 11, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    On An Island

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Houston-ish
    Vehicle:
    An Aux cable won't give you stereo - correct? And, with the Entune-equipped unit when using Bluetooth I have to choose between phone and music. :mad:

6. Jan 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    You mean music has to be turned off in order to take or make a phone call? That happens on the phone end, not the blue tooth side of things :p

An aux cable will give you music.

edit: but I have no info as to your usb power hog problem, sorry :eek: Maybe to into power save mode on the phone? :notsure:

7. Jan 12, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    never heard of this problem with the usb... but if you hook it up through btooth it sould atomatically turn the sound off for the phone calls like TeamSarcasm said that is on the phone side of things...

8. Jan 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    On An Island

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Houston-ish
    Vehicle:
    The head unit in the truck gives me a choice: I can connect the phone via bluetooth for phone use or music. Not both.

Isn't it mono and not stereo? That'd just suck - I'm a music geek.

I'm running the phone in power save mode already.

Sorry it took so long to reply, it's been crazy at work.... thanks all.

9. Jan 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    On An Island

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Houston-ish
    Vehicle:
    When I have my iTouch plugged in to the USB (for music) and I get a phone call (bluetooth), it interrupts the music like it should. When I try to use the phone as my music server too is when things go south on me.

Products Discussed in

To Top