1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sirius FM Direct adapter

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Drew793, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Feb 2, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    Drew793

Drew793 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road V6 Auto
    Weather Tech window shades, Roll-N-Lock cover with cargo manager, Led interior bed lights, EZ down tailgate strut, SpiderTrax1.25" wheel spacers, tinted windows, second filter removed, Grillcraft Mesh upper and lower grill, Castrol Syntec.
    My wife bought me a new Sirius Starmate radio to replace my old one and it seems like I'm gonna have to get the FM direct adapter for it cause the new FM antenna thing is long, clumsy and I get very poor reception.

I was using the old FM antenna wire that was maybe a foot long or so but it finally broke at the base of the connector.

Thanks to 007Tacoma's write up on radio removal,,, I'll have a clue on how to get at the radio antenna to install the FM direct adaptor when I get one.

Anyone else using the FM direct adaptor with good results?

2. Feb 4, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    Icepick

Icepick Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD SPEEDWAY BLUE
    Works great, remember not to scratch the dash with the A/C controls & the stock radio while they are removed..The Radio has Metal mounting arms..Careful..i wasnt..anywhere on that dash scratches VERY easy..

3. Feb 7, 2009 at 5:52 AM
    Drew793

Drew793 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road V6 Auto
    Weather Tech window shades, Roll-N-Lock cover with cargo manager, Led interior bed lights, EZ down tailgate strut, SpiderTrax1.25" wheel spacers, tinted windows, second filter removed, Grillcraft Mesh upper and lower grill, Castrol Syntec.

Icepick, thanks for the reply and heads up about the scratching.

I rec'd the FM adapter from Sirius yesterday but it has been too cold to go work on the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top