Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

OEM Camera working w/ Aftermarket HU??

Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
Toyotaco1670 is on a distinguished road
Toyotaco1670's Tacoma Gallery
OEM Camera working w/ Aftermarket HU??

Has anyone got their OEM camera working with a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT HU?

I have a 2010 Tacoma Prerunner Double cab with Backup camera and I just installed a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT HU. I can get the camera to come on but How do I make it come on when the other camera comes on (in reverse) and go off when the other camera goes off (drive/park)?? The camera keeps coming on every 10 to 15 seconds and its getting frustrating. I'd really like this to work since I will be towing a trailer when I start my new job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
lowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowinhz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Papa Kurt
lowinhz's Tacoma Gallery
There is a plug to tap into the ow camera at the pull down fuse panel 2 wires on a white plug. The setting on your radio needs to be turned to off.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Tried that and it doesn't work. Camera comes on and stays on til I switch screens and then the camera keeps coming on every 10 to 15 seconds
Old 01-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
I looked and I don't have a red wire with a white stripe on it and I tried connecting it to the only red wire and it still does the same thing. It does come on when I go into reverse but when I put it in drive or park it stays one until i switch to radio or whatever but then it keeps coming on every 10 to 15 seconds
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #7
I have the camera video signal wired with an rca to the back of the HU and then the other end is connected into the wires in the drivers kick panel as showed in another thread. Video works but I don't know where to connect the light purple reverse sensor wire coming off the radio harness. The video works and will come on when I go into reverse but doesn't go off when I go into drive. and when I manually make the camera go of (by switching to radio or whatever) it pops back on and stays on and keeps coming on every 10 to 15 seconds.

I just want the camera to work like this...comes on when i go into reverse and goes off when I go into drive or park.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
the purple reverse wire goes to the wire in the picture.. but if you dont have/cant find that wire the only things i can think of is a toggle switch tied into that purple wire to give it power when you need to use it.. or to cut on and off when you go in and out of reverse you would run a wire to the reverse light..