1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Camera working w/ Aftermarket HU??

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Toyotaco1670, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Jan 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    Toyotaco1670

Toyotaco1670 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Doublecab SR5
    Has anyone got their OEM camera working with a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT HU?

I have a 2010 Tacoma Prerunner Double cab with Backup camera and I just installed a Pioneer AVH-P2400BT HU. I can get the camera to come on but How do I make it come on when the other camera comes on (in reverse) and go off when the other camera goes off (drive/park)?? The camera keeps coming on every 10 to 15 seconds and its getting frustrating. I'd really like this to work since I will be towing a trailer when I start my new job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jan 12, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    lowinhz

lowinhz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Kurt
    Dandridge Tn
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB 4x4 v6
    Billies@ 2.5, 2inch blocks, front hitch, xrc 8k winch on portable mount, 10 sub behind seat, Memphis amp, pioneer touch radio, cobra cb, 235/85/r16 duratracs with black rims, high lift jack, tint, remote start alarm, hella 500 lights, 59" curve led bar, snorkel, expo trailer with rat, car seat
    There is a plug to tap into the ow camera at the pull down fuse panel 2 wires on a white plug. The setting on your radio needs to be turned to off.

3. Jan 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM
    Toyotaco1670

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tried that and it doesn't work. Camera comes on and stays on til I switch screens and then the camera keeps coming on every 10 to 15 seconds

4. Jan 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    try running a wire from the reverse wire on the back of the pioneer to this wire.. this should make it do what your looking for
    [​IMG]

5. Jan 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM
    Toyotaco1670

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    I looked and I don't have a red wire with a white stripe on it and I tried connecting it to the only red wire and it still does the same thing. It does come on when I go into reverse but when I put it in drive or park it stays one until i switch to radio or whatever but then it keeps coming on every 10 to 15 seconds

6. Jan 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    where do you have the cameras video signal coming from/ wired in?

7. Jan 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    Toyotaco1670

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    I have the camera video signal wired with an rca to the back of the HU and then the other end is connected into the wires in the drivers kick panel as showed in another thread. Video works but I don't know where to connect the light purple reverse sensor wire coming off the radio harness. The video works and will come on when I go into reverse but doesn't go off when I go into drive. and when I manually make the camera go of (by switching to radio or whatever) it pops back on and stays on and keeps coming on every 10 to 15 seconds.

I just want the camera to work like this...comes on when i go into reverse and goes off when I go into drive or park.

8. Jan 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    the purple reverse wire goes to the wire in the picture.. but if you dont have/cant find that wire the only things i can think of is a toggle switch tied into that purple wire to give it power when you need to use it.. or to cut on and off when you go in and out of reverse you would run a wire to the reverse light..

Products Discussed in

To Top