1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering wheel control won't work with pioneer

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Braking Bad, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Jan 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    Braking Bad

Braking Bad [OP] Member

Member:
    I bought an axxess steering wheel control adapter and followed the instructions to use with the pioneer aftermarket radio cd BT etc unit that one of the precious owners installed. It does not work even thought it goes thought the auto detect light blinking (one the axxess ) and then stays solid like it should. The three wires from the SWC were cut and had solder on them so idk if this has been tried before on this truck.

Can some one check to see if something is supposed to be plugged in here. The connector behind the panel on the left side of the steering colume ( right behind the steering wheel control buttons )

[​IMG]

2. Jan 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    t_e

t_e Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    miami,fl
    Yes there should be a small harness that connects both sides and horn to the clock spring. Seems like either someone removed it or that steering wheel was swapped to attempt to get the controls it didn't have.

3. Jan 13, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    Braking Bad

Braking Bad [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks

Now I wonder what the wires that i attached the axxess are connected to now. My radio keeps going to demo mode ever time I start it. Truck is a 2006 x runner I assumed the SWCs were factory.

4. Jan 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    Braking Bad

Braking Bad [OP] Member

Member:
    I notice that the buttons one the steering wheel now light up. You said that the harness connects both sides but my truck does not have the Bluetooth butons.

5. Jan 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    stanbp64

stanbp64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    2011PreRunner Sr5
    Have you tried to press and hold the mute button to get radio out of demo mode?

6. Jan 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    which radio? the 2013 model pioneers had problems with the metra based steering controls when the new radios came out and had to be updated to work properly?? they have it fixed now but if i was an older/more than a month old steering interface it might need to be updated...

7. Jan 18, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    Braking Bad

Braking Bad [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for the replies. I ended up talking it to a local place that figured it out.

Products Discussed in

To Top