LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

Steering wheel control won't work with pioneer

Old 01-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Braking Bad is on a distinguished road

Braking Bad's Tacoma Gallery
Steering wheel control won't work with pioneer

I bought an axxess steering wheel control adapter and followed the instructions to use with the pioneer aftermarket radio cd BT etc unit that one of the precious owners installed. It does not work even thought it goes thought the auto detect light blinking (one the axxess ) and then stays solid like it should. The three wires from the SWC were cut and had solder on them so idk if this has been tried before on this truck.

Can some one check to see if something is supposed to be plugged in here. The connector behind the panel on the left side of the steering colume ( right behind the steering wheel control buttons )

Old 01-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #2
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
Yes there should be a small harness that connects both sides and horn to the clock spring. Seems like either someone removed it or that steering wheel was swapped to attempt to get the controls it didn't have.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #3

Thanks

Now I wonder what the wires that i attached the axxess are connected to now. My radio keeps going to demo mode ever time I start it. Truck is a 2006 x runner I assumed the SWCs were factory.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #4

I notice that the buttons one the steering wheel now light up. You said that the harness connects both sides but my truck does not have the Bluetooth butons.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
stanbp64 is on a distinguished road
stanbp64's Tacoma Gallery
Have you tried to press and hold the mute button to get radio out of demo mode?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #6
2012 dbl cab 4x4
kevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevinsc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
kevinsc's Tacoma Gallery
which radio? the 2013 model pioneers had problems with the metra based steering controls when the new radios came out and had to be updated to work properly?? they have it fixed now but if i was an older/more than a month old steering interface it might need to be updated...
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies. I ended up talking it to a local place that figured it out.