Notices

Finally finished my box.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Timfd024 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Tim
Timfd024's Tacoma Gallery
Finally finished my box.

This is the end result of my first attempt at a molded fiberglass sub box. It came out pretty good. It was a little more difficult than I expected, fiberglass is some sticky $hi+. I used about a gallon of resin and 2 packs of mat/2 packs of cloth/3 yrds of strechy fleece. I made all cuts and recessed rings with a regular cheap jig saw. I didnt use a router because I wasnt worried about perfection, I knew this was going to be covered with carpet and that carpet hides a lot of mistakes. I used some audiobahn 8"s and ran them off of my old kicker 600.1 mono. Its a little too much amp for these speakers but I have them wired at 4ohm at 300rms to keep the speakers from frying. They sound and feel great. I highly recommend them for $40/ea they are kinda hard to beat.
Attached Thumbnails
Finally finished my box.-img254.jpg  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good from the picture! The build justifies better pics thought! Post them up!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
very clean
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Clean install, those shallow mounts? Had a buddy with dual 8's in his dakota r/t they hit nice and tight.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #5
Timfd024 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Tim
Timfd024's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. The audiobahns are a shallow sub. The mounting depth is 3inch. They hit good for what they are. I have all kicker door speakers with a alpine amp and the these subs are a perfect compliment.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you need more, im running three memphis amps, focal 3ways, and a polk ten at the moment in my single cab.. Eventually, when i finish lowering the truck i will build a rack and do a jlw710 then i should be happy
Old 01-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Leonel is on a distinguished road

Leonel's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!! nice job dude
And if you are happy with it then that's all you need
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean indeed