1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Problem with USB on Pioneer AVH-P1400

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Russell F, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Jan 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    Russell F

Russell F [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 Off Road
    Removed mudflaps, 14" shorty, weatherteck floor mats, interior floorboard blue led
    Okay guys so here is my problem

I recently purchased a Pioneer AVH-P1400 and installed it by myself with my friend who installs headunits and audio equipment for his job and I seem to have run into a bit of a speed bump. I have everything installed and it works perfect except for one thing... When ever anything is plugged into the USB port it is not recognized. I've tried both my iPod and my iPhone as well as several different cables so it must be something internally. What do you guys think? Have any of you ever encountered this problem? If so, how was it resolved?

2. Jan 15, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    Russell F

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    Removed mudflaps, 14" shorty, weatherteck floor mats, interior floorboard blue led
  3. Jan 15, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Well most Likely bad USB port or bad solder joint inside the unit. Only thing to do is return it and get another one. If ya bought it on Craigslist then you SOL.

4. Jan 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    Check the owner manual for limitations on the USB-connected devices.
    I had a similar problem with the USB port on my HD TV. Some thumb drives were recognized and some were not, yet all the thumb drives worked on the computer.

5. Jan 15, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    Russell F

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    Well I've come to the conclusion that its probably a defected unit but luckily I got it off of crutchfield.com and i have full warranty and whatnot so i am going to return it for a new one.

6. Jan 15, 2013 at 4:29 PM
    Russell F

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    Okay so i was wrong. i just talked to tech support for Pioneer and they said that the cable that comes with my iphone will not work and i have to use the cd-iu201v cable for it. Only problem is that I have the Iphone 5 and i has a different port and they do not have a cable for it yet. So as of now i am just going to order the cable and use it with my ipod and i am going to have to wait until they come out with a new cable that is compatible with my phone.:pout:

7. Jan 17, 2013 at 12:36 PM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Lexington, south carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    i had a customer in my shop the other day with an i phone 5.. we were able to get it to work flawlessly with the 1500dvd and i know it is a newer version of yours but it should work the same.. all he did was buy this part http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightni...1358454908&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+5+converter we connected this adaptor to the standard ipod cable that plugs in the usb and the problem was solved in his case!

8. Jan 18, 2013 at 3:38 AM
    Russell F

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    Thats perfect! Do you know if it was able to play video through the cable as well?

9. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    chrome on front painted to match, satoshi grill done by myself, BHLM, billys all the way around with ome springs upfront and LR ucas with wheelers 3 leaf progressive pack in the rear, mb gunner wheels powdercoated black on 285/75r16 nitto trail grapplers, tinted all the way around and on windshield, pioneer dbl din touch screen with two 10's behing the seat and new speakers all the way around and certain interior parts painted to match, also have a road wire leather kit black with red stitching sitting here waiting for me to find time to install it!
    no i didnt try that.. you will need the cd-iu50v for the video... but not sure if that will work on the iphone5 i didnt check that...

10. Jan 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    Russell F

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    Okay i appreciate it man. Thanks for your help.

11. Jan 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    how did it work?

12. Jan 27, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    Russell F

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    I ordered it in the mail so it should be here in a couple of days depending on how long it takes to get here. I did find a different flash drive that it will recognize though and I put a good bit of music on it so as of right now I've just been using that and an aux plug for my phone.

13. Jan 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM
    kevinsc

kevinsc 2012 dbl cab 4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 dbl cab
    sounds good i will keep checking to make sure everything turned out well

14. Jan 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
    Russell F

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    I appreciate it man, I will make sure to keep you posted as soon as it comes in

Products Discussed in

To Top