Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

More bass from factory jbl system w/kenwood headunit

Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
UTMOST is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
UTMOST's Tacoma Gallery
More bass from factory jbl system w/kenwood headunit

I know there are many questions similar to what mine is going to be but please any help would be appreciated.

I have an 2011 double cab with the JBL system and a Kenwood DDX419 headunit. Im wanting more bass outta my system but dont want to tamper with the factory JBL.

Anyone know how to keep the JBL system and add another sub and amp with my current headunit?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
mirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
mirraman's Tacoma Gallery
Entirely possible and won't effect your system.

What you need:
2 X RCA adapters to splice into your rear speaker wires (available at most audio shops)

An amp with a low pass filter

Wiring to power the amp

Speaker box and Sub-woofer(s)

I did this setup on my 2006. No JBL, but it should work fine for your setup. Your amp should have a power out adjustment knob. You can adjust the output to the frint or back using the stock stereo. Mine sounds great.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
you might get more traffic in here from people who can help in a different thread titled
"more bass from factory jbl system w/kenwood headunit"

"NEED HELP" could literally be anything
Old 01-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
you might get more traffic in here from people who can help in a different thread titled
"more bass from factory jbl system w/kenwood headunit"

"NEED HELP" could literally be anything
I renamed it
Old 01-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #5

UTMOST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirraman View Post
Entirely possible and won't effect your system.

What you need:
2 X RCA adapters to splice into your rear speaker wires (available at most audio shops)

An amp with a low pass filter

Wiring to power the amp

Speaker box and Sub-woofer(s)

I did this setup on my 2006. No JBL, but it should work fine for your setup. Your amp should have a power out adjustment knob. You can adjust the output to the frint or back using the stock stereo. Mine sounds great.
Isnt there a way I dont have to splice into anything since my headunit has plug ins?

and why the low pass filter with an amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
I renamed it
lol thanks man
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
mirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
mirraman's Tacoma Gallery
Okay well then you will be removing the JBL stereo. This is just a simple install if you're using a different head unit. I did the setup I mentioned with my factory head unit.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
jslum is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
jslum's Tacoma Gallery
Why dont you just remove your factory sub and amp and replace them? I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. You want to leave your factory sub and amp and put in an additional sub and amp but still leave the jbl sub and amp installed? working or not working?
Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #9

UTMOST's Tacoma Gallery
got it all handled. My Kenwood had Sub outs in the rear of it so basically ran power to new amp then wired up sub and everyhting and works great! Full JBL system works with it as well.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Your running an aftermarket amp to the JBL sub?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #11
Speedway4BY is on a distinguished road
Name: Armando
Speedway4BY's Tacoma Gallery
^ I would like to know the same thing as Aw9d. If so what are the specs of the amp and did it improve the factory sound system?