Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

amp question...

Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
amp question...

i'm currently running an alpine pdx-5 in my Tacoma. How hard would it be to add another amp to my set up? What would be needed? How many more wires would I have to run?

Looking at the possibly of running two amp so I can run more power to the sub.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Easy. Check the gauge of your power wire running your pdx-5. If it has enough capacity for the increased load your gold. If not you will probably have to run a thicker power wire.
not sure why u want to add another amp tho..
Old 01-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
You can run a dist block too to split the power wire.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
chrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant futurechrispy has a brilliant future
chrispy's Tacoma Gallery
Hi, would you mind posting pictures of your set up with the pdx-5? i'm currently looking into doing the same install

Thanks