Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Audio & Video

Notices

CB RAIO WHERE HEAD UNIT SHOULD GO

Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
CB RAIO WHERE HEAD UNIT SHOULD GO

Has anyone ever installed a cb radio where the head unit should go on a 2 gen tacoma? My after market head unit fell out while i was prerunning and i have been thinking of putting a cb radio where it goes and using a head unit that can be hidden by a company called secret audio. If anyone knows of somebody who has done this or has any thoughts of how to mount the cb radio in place of the head unit that would be awesome.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thank you
Old 01-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #4
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
That would be a major waste of time, space, and money. I have a CB radio and offroad quite often with several others who have CBs and we hardly use them. In fact, in the 6+ months I've had a CB, I've only attempted real use 1 time with other tacomas, and it failed because the majority of people buy used radios and used antennas and don't bother tuning them, or don't do it right, and have horrible reception.

I know quite a bit about CBs and I have a pretty legit setup, and still have not had a single good use for it. It may come in handy one day, and isn't a bad thing to have for emergencies, but to replace your radio with a cb I think is going way too far.

I just purchased a ham radio the other day and have already used it more in the past 2 days than I have used my CB in over 6 months. I still would never get rid of my head unit though. I am an audiophile and a mobile electronics enthusiast, and that's one thing that will never be replaced. I recommend getting a cobra 75 wx st so you can install it hidden and still keep a regular radio setup.

Just my .02 though
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
That would be a major waste of time, space, and money. I have a CB radio and offroad quite often with several others who have CBs and we hardly use them. In fact, in the 6+ months I've had a CB, I've only attempted real use 1 time with other tacomas, and it failed because the majority of people buy used radios and used antennas and don't bother tuning them, or don't do it right, and have horrible reception.

I know quite a bit about CBs and I have a pretty legit setup, and still have not had a single good use for it. It may come in handy one day, and isn't a bad thing to have for emergencies, but to replace your radio with a cb I think is going way too far.

I just purchased a ham radio the other day and have already used it more in the past 2 days than I have used my CB in over 6 months. I still would never get rid of my head unit though. I am an audiophile and a mobile electronics enthusiast, and that's one thing that will never be replaced. I recommend getting a cobra 75 wx st so you can install it hidden and still keep a regular radio setup.

Just my .02 though
i wouldnt be getting rid of my head unit i would be moving it or double stacking it and i would also have a PA on it to.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:06 AM   #6
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
I installed my HAM radio in a double din...I would suggest in using the Metra dashkit since you can use the stock metal support bracket to hold the radios up.

And this where I mounted my CB...
Old 01-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkid05tacoma View Post
i wouldnt be getting rid of my head unit i would be moving it or double stacking it and i would also have a PA on it to.
A double stack would be nice, I'd do that for sure if I had a single din. But relocating the radio to a hide-a-way unit just for mounting a CB I think is a waste. You'll appreciate a quality radio more so than a CB I'd imagine since CBs are rarely uses usually. I'd say get a single Dina nd double stack like monkey proof. That's nice
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #9
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
I use my CB more than my radio.
Dang, idk what I'd do without my stereo