Notices

subs turn off with tuner

Old 01-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
mxxdude has a spectacular aura aboutmxxdude has a spectacular aura about

Army: Military Police
Name: Brandon
mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
subs turn off with tuner

My subs turn off with the tuner... i know that usually means the remote wire is hooked to the power antenna however my blue remote wire is in fact hooked up to the white with blue stripe,,, so I'm not sure what do

also i have two amps in my truck and im not sure what the purpose is but it seems like one powers the head unit( smaller one) and the bigger one powers the speakers,

oh and also when i first installed them they would come on when i first started the car at a low volume but would turn off if i turned it up
Old 01-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
The wire you used is the power for the external amplifier, not for the ACC or the BAT for the actual tuner. Here's the schematic. Sounds like you want to go with connecting it to the gray ACC wire.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #3

mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
The wire you used is the power for the external amplifier, not for the ACC or the BAT for the actual tuner. Here's the schematic. Sounds like you want to go with connecting it to the gray ACC wire.

so does the blue/ white stripe on not have to be connected to anything?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Are you talking about factory amps and subs or aftermarket? Why would you want the subwoofers to be on when the tuner is off?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #5

mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Are you talking about factory amps and subs or aftermarket? Why would you want the subwoofers to be on when the tuner is off?
haha nevermind i mean that the subs won turn off when the tuner was off.. but your diagram helped alot thanks